Beginner web development course?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Jeff7181, May 6, 2012.

1. Jeff7181

Jeff7181 Lifer

My girlfriend thinks she might want to get into web design, and while I could recommend a local school, I don't think she wants to spend a whole lot of money just yet so I'm looking for a beginners course, even online that she could take just to get a taste of it and see if it's something she really wants to do.

Any suggestions where to start? Maybe a basic HTML course online? Or should she get right into something like asp or php and skip HTML?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Beginner development Forum Date
    Web "Language" for a Rapid application development Programming Jun 16, 2017
    What can help me develop a "love" for programming? Programming Jun 12, 2017
    What's it like to be a SalesForce developer? Programming May 4, 2017
    Website design and development Programming Mar 25, 2017

3. Saint Nick

Saint Nick Lifer

My g/f is doing the same thing. She is actually enrolled in class, but only so that she can use the university to help get her an internship. The stuff she is actually learning at school totally sucks.I plan on teaching her some basics of web development, then hope for her to develop a few projects on her own where she only needs me for more difficult aspects of web programming.IMO, teach her what you know and explain it the best way possible. Have her use w3schools as a reference (I know I still use them constantly).

4. PhatoseAlpha

PhatoseAlpha Platinum Member

You can't skip on HTML in web development - higher level languages all eventually need to output HTML for the browser to display. And that means, you absolutely have to know it if you intend to do web design.

5. ringtail

ringtail Senior member