Beg, Borrow and Deal.. WTF?

MrCodeDude

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Are the contestants like, semi-famous or popular or something?

I was watching this the other day and a guy on one team personally knew a talent scout for the Atlanta Falcons. And a girl on another team knew the owners of the Sacramento Kings, who were willing to send out a private jet (costing $60K) to come pick them up..

Yet these are normal people? How many of you know a talent scout for a pro football team or an owner/president for a pro basketball team?

Seriously. I'll continue to watch though.
-- mrcodedude

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah I thought that odd myself.

My friend can't get enough of that crap, either. Everytime he comes over he wants to watch some stupid-ass reality show. It's like, no dude, we're watching baseball, aight?

crypticlogin

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2001
Well I'll just bet part of the screening process is to draw up a list to see who you know. It'd be a pretty boring show if the contestants knew nobody, had no connections whatsoever, and just went blindly place to place, getting lucky once in a blue moon... oh wait, that was the first season! :p I caught the first season when they were airing it in series and let me say, the casting would've been just as good if they randomly pulled names out of the telephone book.

And it's "Beg, Borrow, and Deal". ;)

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: notfred
I know the Director of Engineering Services for flash memory at AMD.
I know Jimmy the Crack Whore on the corner of main and fifth.