Before doing something stressful....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2001
So for me right now as a grad student it's finals, or maybe later quals or defense, but in the past I have a good friend who's said:

- Jerk off before midterms/finals/exams/anything

or if you can

- Have sex right before.

What do you guys think? Does this help? Sex before an important job interview? Watching pron before proposing? Does it help you do better?

Ok BACK to studying. 18 hrs before my exam.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
I had trouble with this whole question. The science seems to say no, but I get extra horny when I'm trying to cram and that is distracting in itself.

Your dopamine drops off right after you orgasm for 30minutes(Zhejiang 2003), and makes a full recovery after up to two weeks.
prolactin.jpg

Lowered dopamine is associated with ADHD.

Ricemarine

Lifer
Sep 10, 2004
I had trouble with this whole question. The science seems to say no, but I get extra horny when I'm trying to cram and that is distracting in itself.

Your dopamine drops off right after you orgasm for 30minutes(Zhejiang 2003), and makes a full recovery after up to two weeks.
prolactin.jpg

Lowered dopamine is associated with ADHD.

Is it just me or does that graph totally go against what you just said? From what it shows on the graph, dopamine levels increase up to orgasm, then drop back to normal levels afterwards.

Other than that... 2 weeks is quite a long one!

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I'd jerk-off/have sex the night before to go to sleep whether or not I was having finals/texts of any kind so no big deal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.