Been thinking about going in the airforce

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
I just graduated in EE in college with a 3.1, took me 6 years. Orignally I was gonna join the Navy right out of high school cause I was in the NJROTC and liked it, but went ahead and tried college out for a while. I was doing bad in 2000-2001 and was gonna drop out of college and join the A.F. (well, I may have attempted to take classes too), but decided to stick it out one more semester and I turned around and made good grades.

I have always thought about what the military life was like, and even contemplated joining a program where I would get paied to go to school and maintain a 3.0 in the A.F., but decided to hold off. Now here I am again and I am seriously considering going into the A.F. or the Navy instead of the whole "find an engineering job" route. Any recommendations or opinions?

James3shin

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2004
Hey man, I say you do it...My homie is in the Air Force and he's loving it. He loves the travel, he loves the money...its all thumbs up to him.

Landroval

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2005
I know several people who are in the USAF (family and former students). They are all enthusiatic about it and seem to enjoy being there.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Good luck dude with your choice.

I'd go with the AF but I have no experience and just wishing you luck.

I have one last exam before I graduate also. End of a my Uni days...

Koing

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Go Navy!!

being a Navy officer isn't a bad way to get started (if you are single)

if you are EE, you should be able to go Nuclear Power and get a nice bonus

cjgallen

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2003
Talk to a recruiter to see what your options are. Go to each of the services web pages and request info. They'll email you stuff and give you phone numbers of people to talk to.

This fall I'm going into the Navy Nuclear field, check it out.

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
do it...one more person that wants to be in means one more person away from the draft

TLfromAI

Jun 22, 2002
AF EE right here...PM me if you have any questions. I'm about 2 years into your future if you go AF.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by: TLfromAI
AF EE right here...PM me if you have any questions. I'm about 2 years into your future if you go AF.

I would pm you, but I cant :) You dont have pm on.

TheBDB

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2002
I'm an Ensign in the Navy going to Nuke Power School right now, so I can shed some light on that pipeline.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: redly1
do it...one more person that wants to be in means one more person away from the draft

Wow.

Here's a 100% way that you personally can avoid being selected "in the draft".

1. Insert loaded handgun into mouth
2. ?????
3. Profit!