Been thinking about buying a 2405

imported_DocHolliday

Nov 19, 2004
I currently have a 19" crt... and my dad's 19 incher apparently crapped out this morning. I've been thinking about buying a 2405 but was also thinking about waiting for dell's new lineup of monitors before I make a decision. The thing is that if I buy the monitor now i could just give my dad my crt so he doesn't have to go out and buy a new one and also when i buy a new monitor my crt will just collect dust... what do you guys think I should do?

Heinrich

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2001

You will love the 2405, I love mine - it is one incredible monitor. If you can get it at a good price - ~850 you won't regret it - except with one possible exception. If you intend to watch DVDs and movies through Windows Vista you might want to hold out for the 2407 for its HDCP port

imported_Yonzie

Jan 20, 2005
Exactly what Heinrich said. It is an absolutely awesome screen.

There's two things to be aware of.
* It uses Overdrive, so there's a 1-2 frame lag in the screen. Not an issue if you have a fast graphics card, but if you're stretching it's limits and getting 30fps it might be.
* As Heinrich said, HDCP in Windows Vista (and probably backported to XP with WMP 11) if you're playing Bluray/HD-DVD/WMV-HD (and probably others too) content.