Been getting '502 bad gateway' a lot lately

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
In the last few days that is, usually when running a search (such as 'threads with my posts' / 'new posts').

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Same here. Cannot open watched threads, goes to bad gateway. I would say 90% of the time for that page. Going to individual forums is fine.

Last edited:

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Join the crowd. I can access some conversations but not others. Some Post Reports, but not others. Some functions in the admin panel, but not others. Not the only mod with those issues.We are talking to the Purch people.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
same. It has happened to me periodically over the last year or whenever the last major update happened. Today it happens whenever I click on the "Watched Threads" link in the left toolbar. No other link so far brings me to that error.

This is from home desktop and work desktop. Win 10/Chrome on both.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
been bad this morning/afternoon. access to PMs and mod functions gets cut off from time to time (no do not post ponies!)

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Chiming in here with consistent issues. It has thus far been 100% repeatable by trying to access "Watched Threads" except for the very first time after logging in.

BRB

edit:
So this time I logged out of my forum account, then immediately logged in. I first browsed all forums, then clicked Watched Threads, and it loaded. Then I went into a thread, and again tried Watched Threads and it worked. I thought oh wow that's more than ever before in the past 24 or so hours. Then I went somewhere else, tried once more, back to 502. And that appears to be consistent again.

side note: Logging on to this forum is a royal pain in the ass for me using LastPass. It does not autofill, and using a desktop I have to enter my master pass every time I manually copy a password to paste into a site. Which means navigating a few menus. I know, I know, #firstworldproblems, amirite? At least on mobile, fingerprints and Android's latest system autofill and LastPass interaction, make this a small but welcome hassle. Lack of autofill support isn't exactly a super security benefit nor obviously great at deterring spammers. Other methods can be used to deter bots as well. Oh and this doesn't work on Chrome or Firefox on Windows 10 using the LastPass plugins for each browser.

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
It's happening again, albeit much lower frequency. Around 10% perhaps.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I've been experiencing intermittent 502 errors also, but last night ~23:00 MDT the site became totally unreachable across multiple devices.

Reactions: Bubbleawsome