Beats® Audio

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
All i can say, is thank god its only enabled on the native music player!!

Imagine you have an equalizer. turn the 0-300hz range up about 10db. ok, now take the 500-2000 range down 35db. perfect. now make sure you add crappy beats headphones or just use your external cellphone speaker, you wont notice the difference because the source is $!#%!.

How is anyone actually liking this?

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
All i can say, is thank god its only enabled on the native music player!!

Imagine you have an equalizer. turn the 0-300hz range up about 10db. ok, now take the 500-2000 range down 35db. perfect. now make sure you add crappy beats headphones or just use your external cellphone speaker, you wont notice the difference because the source is $!#%!.

How is anyone actually liking this?

I've tried every EQ app for Android, by far my favorite is the Beat one, followed closely by Volume+, but the best preset in that emulates Beats. I currently use Awesome Beats v5 on my Nexus 4, which is the Beats EQ pulled from an HTC phone. Strangely enough, I find the Beats EQ to actually lower the bass a little, at least on the 3 phones I used it on.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
I've tried every EQ app for Android, by far my favorite is the Beat one, followed closely by Volume+, but the best preset in that emulates Beats. I currently use Awesome Beats v5 on my Nexus 4, which is the Beats EQ pulled from an HTC phone. Strangely enough, I find the Beats EQ to actually lower the bass a little, at least on the 3 phones I used it on.

wait, theres an eq? where? im on jellybean

i listen to metal music... the cleaner the source the better. i only use eq presets when im using low end speakers (like an ipod dock)

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Ask yourself who they partnered with to make their headphone line...

I actually don't mind Beats on my phone (HTC One) but that might be more the hardware than whatever processing is done by the Beats implementation.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
i totally agree crono. beats sounds great coming out of my external speaker on a htc sensation.. but when i use the headphone plug to run my car stereo it is absolutely terrible. i cant even listen to it, it sounds like complete garbage.

probably would sound better if it was rap or dubstep... but really.. no.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
wait, theres an eq? where? im on jellybean

i listen to metal music... the cleaner the source the better. i only use eq presets when im using low end speakers (like an ipod dock)

on XDA there's a bunch of EQ apps, I haven't tried them all, but if you Google Awesome Beats v5 the XDA thread will come up. It makes Playerpro sound better than any other eq imho. I've tried the Playerpro one, Volume+, PowerAMP's and a bunch of others I don't recall the name of.

Hunt3rj2

Jun 23, 2008
Pretty sure that general consensus is to turn Beats on for external speakers and turn it off for earbuds.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
on XDA there's a bunch of EQ apps, I haven't tried them all, but if you Google Awesome Beats v5 the XDA thread will come up. It makes Playerpro sound better than any other eq imho. I've tried the Playerpro one, Volume+, PowerAMP's and a bunch of others I don't recall the name of.

thanks! this is just like what i had on my old phone.. it wasnt beats but it did the same thing and looked exactly like this. dr dre is a smart man... taking existing technology and doing nothing to it but a coat of paint and a name change. he finally realized he can make a little more money selling things for a $200 profit over $3 a cd.

i had beats on my phone, the logo is at the boot screen :p but it a fixed mode app, and i couldnt change the eq at all. it sounded like crap.

now that i have this its fine. i can keep it flat and just tweak the eq manually, like a normal audio player.

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
When I turned on Beats on my HTC 8x it was much better.

Must be the implementation, because that is also the case with my HTC 8x. Definitely ON with Beats Audio and I just leave it there.

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Biggest scam since Monster cables IMO. The music industry is already overdoing it on the bass; now tune your products to over-emphasize the bass to a ridiculous degree. When I tried beats audio headphones at the apple store, I found them laughably bassy and poorly equalized.