Beat my paycheck. An ATOT challenge

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 13, 2009
I have no debt own my own house and 2 cars. Let see my house is only worth about 70-80k the 2 cars are about 20k. I could get a couple 40k cars 400k house with a movie theater and all the other toys to go with it and be just as baller and be in debt too.

I had a house almost paid for. It gets annoying though living in a shitty neighborhood. My neighbors had 2-4 families living with them and my wife was in danger a couple of times. Sorry I can't do that. I bought a nicer home in a more expensive area. My neighbors now are like minded people. We all just want quiet peaceful neighbors that work and live the right way.

LiuKangBakinPie

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
Don't have a pay check nor bank account. Drug laws don't allow me to do it so I keep my cash under my bed

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
IMG_0501.jpg

lol, i dont see your name on that plaque. i am sure it is for a whole branch, not just you. evidence fail.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
lol, i dont see your name on that plaque. i am sure it is for a whole branch, not just you. evidence fail.

Lol, whole branch...however most of these were never personalized.

That came with the bonuses more or less.

It's clear no matter what I provide will be of no use. These were hardly large person projects other than the people that moved the files from one vault to another and were never recognized.

Feb 19, 2001
is there a t-t-t-timewarp in this thread or what?

anyway, if you post a thread like this, you have to start low (like in that game Big 2) so I can post my $400 monthly check from being a grad student grader (woot). its gonna be $200 soon simply because I'm only grading 1 class instead of 2 this semester. hooray for poverty line.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
is there a t-t-t-timewarp in this thread or what?

anyway, if you post a thread like this, you have to start low (like in that game Big 2) so I can post my $400 monthly check from being a grad student grader (woot). its gonna be $200 soon simply because I'm only grading 1 class instead of 2 this semester. hooray for poverty line.

Damn part time in high school / junior college like 20+ years ago I was pulling $400 a week and usually was able to have a chick riding co-pilot much of that time :)

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Says the dude that thinks gladiators beat tigers barehanded.

Let me guess you use that other dudes method here and just reach down their throat when they go to bite right?

You'd be surprised what a man can do with his back to a wall. Jungle hunting expedition, both you and your guides guns either fail or you miss, angry tiger bearing down on you, kills the guide, you can get around it on its back and choke it out. As long as you can maintain grip while the ~700lb beast is thrashing about for its life, but in that situation you can do just about anything.

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
You'd be surprised what a man can do with his back to a wall. Jungle hunting expedition, both you and your guides guns either fail or you miss, angry tiger bearing down on you, kills the guide, you can get around it on its back and choke it out. As long as you can maintain grip while the ~700lb beast is thrashing about for its life, but in that situation you can do just about anything.

are-you-serious[1].jpg

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

About the only chance a man has at choking out a tiger would be if he got stuck in it's throat on the way down.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
in $$$.

14b8bhx.jpg

2 week paycheck. I know there are some super rich people here, so I expect to get downed fairly quickly. :(

i thought i would be doing better by now, but still can't beat that amount unless it's a bonus check

definitely should've moved to silicon valley 10 years ago :(

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I think that my best paycheck was the one where I got $2,100 after taxes for one week of work. That was ten years ago, too, so that would be more like $2,600 in today's dollars.

That was a really shitty work week, though! I must have worked 40 hours of overtime that week.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
My best paychecks happen in the last 1/3 of the year after I no loner have to pay social security.

Nov 8, 2012
i thought i would be doing better by now, but still can't beat that amount unless it's a bonus check

definitely should've moved to silicon valley 10 years ago :(

Meh, enjoy the high cost of living, obscene state taxes, etc... Not worth it for me.

I'll take making what I make now where I can work from home... in a city where you can buy a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath 2 story for $140k.

Also a lot of my paycheck goes to... Maxing out a 401k -> ESPP -> Flex Spending -> Medical Insurance -> HSA Maxing out, etc.. that can only be seen if you go by the gross amount.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I've had more than a few 110 hour weeks when i was working on the farm

Nov 8, 2012
My best paychecks happen in the last 1/3 of the year after I no loner have to pay social security.

Lately they have really been jacking up that max amount =/

If things go right I should finally hit the max next year after getting my latest new job this year.

1565362305160.png

Reactions: Aharami

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Lately they have really been jacking up that max amount =/

If things go right I should finally hit the max next year after getting my latest new job this year.

View attachment 9387
Learn something new every day. Yeah I'll hit that number for 2019 with bonuses and a cash retirement pay out.

I'm still trying to figure out if I'll be able to contribute to a Roth this year or if I'll be over the annual limit considering a joint filing with my soon to be wife.