Beast Wars: Code of Hero = Best TF Episode Ever

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Golgatha
Actually they assimilated to their surroundings. Didn't some DNA get scanned from the labraya (spelling?) tar pits to end up with dinosaurs at the thing they transformed into?
Others have correctly mentioned that it was just goofiness on the show that led to the creation of the Dinobots, but in the comics, the Dinobots were awakened by Teletran-1 when Shockwave arrived on planet, and were reformatted to fit into the environment. Obviously, having metal skin, it didn't work very well. In the new Dreamwave comics, it was a similar deal, but the Dinobots arrived at the earth SEPERATELY from the Autobots while tracking Shockwave, who was searching the universe for new Energon sources. Here, their ship reformatted them to look like dinosaurs, including the skin and correct color pigmentation. After getting trapped in some lava, it burned it down to their metal endoskeleton.

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
Originally posted by: buzzsaw13
Beast Wars was such a good show, too bad the sequel to it really sucked.

Beast Machines was horrible. I never watched the animated Beast Wars 2, etc... from Japan though.

Generation One and Beast Wars are the only good Transformers series in my opinion. Headmasters was ok for what it was. The dubbed version is terrible, but the subtitled one is ok. Anyway it was nice to see what happened after the series ended in the US. After Headmasters it just got wierd.

Originally posted by: Aikouka
The best episode was in the original Transformers where they first built the Dinobots. Unfortunately, I can't remember the title off hand :(.

S.O.S. Dinobots is the first episode with Grimlock, Slag, and Sludge. It was the 7th episode in Season 1. A few episodes later (episode 11 - War of the Dinobots) they built Snarl and Swoop.

I always liked the Dinobots. Its a shame Snarl got cut out of the movie. Well he is there for one scene...

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Be glad you haven't seen Beast Wars 2/Neo, or any of the other Japanese series before they started importing them back in to the USA. Weird doesn't even begin to describe them; Japan went in a completely opposite direction from where we were going.

And yes, Beast Machines was terrible. The only thing that keeps me from gouging out my eyes is the thought that the final scene wasn't a celebration of victory, it was all of the other Transformers coming to rip Cheetor to shreds.:D

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I watched the episode above. Ehhh.

Why does Megatron talk like he's gay?

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Shadowknight
The voice actor was going for an aristocratic tone.

Ohh....is THAT was that was. Sounds more like Flameatron.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Originally posted by: Shadowknight
The voice actor was going for an aristocratic tone.

Ohh....is THAT was that was. Sounds more like Flameatron.
I take it you haven't seen his dragon form?:p

Seriously though, I liked the BW Megatron voice better; it had more depth and range