Bear guzzles 36 beers, passes out at campground

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
LMAO!!!

SEATTLE, Washington (Reuters) -- A black bear was found passed out at a campground in Washington state recently after guzzling down three dozen cans of a local beer, a campground worker said on Wednesday.

"We noticed a bear sleeping on the common lawn and wondered what was going on until we discovered that there were a lot of beer cans lying around," said Lisa Broxson, a worker at the Baker Lake Resort, 80 miles (129 km) northeast of Seattle.

The hard-drinking bear, estimated to be about two years old, broke into campers' coolers and, using his claws and teeth to open the cans, swilled down the suds.

It turns out the bear was a bit of a beer sophisticate. He tried a mass-market Busch beer, but switched to Rainier Beer, a local ale, and stuck with it for his drinking binge.

Wildlife agents chased the bear away, but it returned the next day, said Broxson.

They set a trap using as bait some doughnuts, honey and two cans of Rainier Beer. It worked, and the bear was captured for relocation

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/08/18/bear.beer.reut/index.html

Originally posted by: rocadelpunk
haha that's cute, they lured it with doughnuts and more beer.
Which is similar to the way one lures an Ohio State student to class.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Rudee
LMAO!!!

SEATTLE, Washington (Reuters) -- A black bear was found passed out at a campground in Washington state recently after guzzling down three dozen cans of a local beer, a campground worker said on Wednesday.

"We noticed a bear sleeping on the common lawn and wondered what was going on until we discovered that there were a lot of beer cans lying around," said Lisa Broxson, a worker at the Baker Lake Resort, 80 miles (129 km) northeast of Seattle.

The hard-drinking bear, estimated to be about two years old, broke into campers' coolers and, using his claws and teeth to open the cans, swilled down the suds.

It turns out the bear was a bit of a beer sophisticate. He tried a mass-market Busch beer, but switched to Rainier Beer, a local ale, and stuck with it for his drinking binge.

Wildlife agents chased the bear away, but it returned the next day, said Broxson.

They set a trap using as bait some doughnuts, honey and two cans of Rainier Beer. It worked, and the bear was captured for relocation

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/08/18/bear.beer.reut/index.html

That's pure gold. The bear has better taste in beer than most Americans. :thumbsup:

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
The bear was heard mumbling, "Shut up dad, I'm getting sick of hearing about how only I can prevent forest fires"

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
poor bear i bet this encounter will be only a stepping stone...

pretty soon they catch him smoking the pot in his cave then pawning the other bears picnic baskets for dope.

growing weed and shrooms in his cave and having the mucnhies all the time.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
And folks *still* don't believe in reincarnation. I'm tellin' ya, the Hindus got this one right!