Question Be Quiet Shadow Base 800 FX - New thermal and acoustic king?

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
It's a nice case, but $220? Not sure I'm seeing the extra $100 over something like the Lian Li 216 honestly. Maybe if you are doing a WC build with the ability to have 420 rads front and top.

Reactions: aigomorla

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I have a be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev.2 perhaps the nicest, best built case I’ve ever owned…and if I was building new today, I’d seriously consider the new be quiet! Dark Base Pro 901…at $300+ is it worth double the price of some of the other, very well made cases? I don’t know about that, but cases are subjective…

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
That case is so not worth 219 dollars.
RGB / Gamer Tax is so heavy on this one.

I have a be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev.2 perhaps the nicest, best built case I’ve ever owned…

Base Pro 900 is a better case, with even the ability to flip the motherboard 180 degree's.
This is mostly why its so expensive.
Its supposed to be the OG Silverstone TJ-07 replacement for Gen Z'ers.
You can't do half the things u can on the 900 vs the Shadow 800 from what im seeing.

Makes me wonder if labor building cases are more expensive now, or if they think they can just get that price on them, or if they put the words SALE and reduce the price, if they can psychologically convince more people to buy them overall.

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
That case is so not worth 219 dollars.
RGB / Gamer Tax is so heavy on this one.

Base Pro 900 is a better case, with even the ability to flip the motherboard 180 degree's.
This is mostly why its so expensive.
Its supposed to be the OG Silverstone TJ-07 replacement for Gen Z'ers.
You can't do half the things u can on the 900 vs the Shadow 800 from what im seeing.

Makes me wonder if labor building cases are more expensive now, or if they think they can just get that price on them, or if they put the words SALE and reduce the price, if they can psychologically convince more people to buy them overall.

The ability to invert the board and turn it to a right-side door was one of the things that attracted me to this monstrous case...unfortunately, the MSI Tomahawk has so much "junk" around the rear I/O panel and heatsink that it wouldn't fit quite right...so I had to re-invert it and build it normally.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Another EATX case in which the designers could have easily provided SSI-EEB compatible threadholes in the motherboard tray... but didn't.