Be my neighbor and buy a house for as little as $15,000

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Linkage

This house is an outright steal for $32.9K and better deal from what I can see then I got ;)

Homes here range from $15K on the low and as high as $400K with the median under $100K. See what I bought for under $50K in my sig.
If you looking for a cheap home, sick of paying rent, and can work at walmart and actually have money left in your pocket at the end of the month you may want to be........my neighbor :D
Good schools, good people, laid back life, and NO traffic!

The one listed for $68.5K 2/2 on 2 acres on broad street in dyer is right down the way from me on my street.

Feel free to ask me any questions about the towns and if you want me to shoot over to a home your intrested in I can do that for you as well if you like and maybe even take pictures :D

OH and taxes. I pay $600 a year for my house and land here in dyer.

steaming79

Sep 29, 2005
i'll admit...those ARE cheap. especially since i'm a bay area native. but isn't TN like racist country?....

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
If they are they are not open about it. In the 7 months I been here I havent come into one person that has made a remark.

Reactions: ao_ika_red

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
Originally posted by: steaming79
i'll admit...those ARE cheap. especially since i'm a bay area native. but isn't TN like racist country?....

no... but apparently people from the bay area are...

Reactions: squirrel dog

Gl4di4tor

Jun 8, 2001

That only matters if you don't look white. lol.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: babylon5
Any coupon to make this hotter?

You know it. Coupon on the realtor site. 10-30% off :p

Originally posted by: Gl4di4tor

That only matters if you don't look white. lol.

Not true. there are black people here and they are as friendly as any other person I have come into contact with. ONLY problem I have come into is the people with the super southern accent I can hardly make a word out. But on the same side they tell me I have an accent they find hard to understand as well:p

Whats been really cool is some have welcomed us in bringing us food to eat and our neighbor across the street has had us over to pet his 6 horses. My youngest had a blast and so did I.

saber07

Nov 18, 2005

Ignorance at its finest people!

MJGunn

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2001
Wow those houses are ridiculously cheap :Q

I guess too much time living in NJ/shopping in FL has skewed my expecations a bit.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Looks like a great area to raise a family - affordable housing, horses across the street... If you have a good job, you can have a great standard of living in an area like yours. Congrats on a beautiful house for that price!

Reactions: squirrel dog

Souka

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2000
My house has gone from for $300k when I bought it in 2001 to around $650k based on neighbors that have sold recently....and back in 2001, my house and property were worth more......

of course I ain't sellin cuz any house I buy will cost more than I sell for...heheh

housing cost is outta control up here in the Seattle area.............well, some places like mine

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: jniles
Whats there to do down there?

What kind of pay rates/job availability?

Farming, auction, fishing, hunting, boating, swimming, town gatherings, pretty much everything you can do everwhere else Im guessing. As for jobs it is no worse then anywhere else. Big town 40 minutes south is Jackson TN and they have every store known to man there.

Originally posted by: Souka
My house has gone from for $300k when I bought it in 2001 to around $650k based on neighbors that have sold recently....and back in 2001, my house and property were worth more......

of course I ain't sellin cuz any house I buy will cost more than I sell for...heheh

housing cost is outta control up here in the Seattle area.............well, some places like mine

You could always sell your home and buy the one I listed in the OP 4/2 with storage barns for $32.9K and pocket the $600+k left over from the sale of your home ;)

wetcat007

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2002
How can houses be that cheap? Something seems wrong.. unless Tennessee has a drastically different housing market than Minnesota... Also does this happen to be in the middle of no where?

nomadh

Jan 19, 2004
I'm in so cal and really like the weather but if I didn't already have a house here I'd be looking someplace like that. Hell maybe I'll do a HELOC and buy 3 or 5 over there. Truthfully housing is way overpriced here. We need lots of people to start going that direction and maybe prices will come back down to normal. Either that or else San Diego really must be 15-25 times better somehow? I know I wouldn't pay current prices here.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: wetcat007
How can houses be that cheap? Something seems wrong.. unless Tennessee has a drastically different housing market than Minnesota... Also does this happen to be in the middle of no where?
Yes.....in the middle of no where. But then again, there are deals all around here if you look. I found my house a little over a year ago for $90k. It's a 4 bedroom, 2 full bath, 2 kitchen home and it's about 2 miles from downtown and only a 3.5 mile commute to work. Things near Nashville or Memphis are going to be a little pricier.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: wetcat007

I thought the same thing when I saw my house listed and called expecting them to say it was a typo. As you can tell it was not. As for the middle of knowwhere. Not really. Most stores and what you need is 30 minute drive doing the speed limit. We have but 2 cops so I can make it in 15. If you want to shop at best buy and circuit city then I 40 min ride to Jackson. But the ride is great though. Instead of what I am used to do which was driving 30 minutes to go 5 miles in heavy traffic (Hammond south of chicago all the highways are backed up) I ride 30 minutes with no traffic and beautiful scenery on the way there. IMO I couldnt of made a better choice for my family moving here.

And for the prices and the most part like mine was so cheap its because it is a old town and there isnt many people moving here. So when A older person dies the housed get sold cheap. Thats how I got mine. The husband died and the wife wanted to sell to move near her daughter and live in a home. Who was I to complain about the price and paid thier asking. I have a farm behind my house and a neighbor with 6 horses that has said anytime I want to come over and even said they will let my kids ride the horses if they want. Find another place to live that the perople are that friendly, it wont happen. Which is why I thought for people wanting to move or want a better life may find this thread a super hot deal.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Originally posted by: buck chocolate
what kind of broad band can you get there?

Im on bellsouth dsl or you can get cable. There is talk of doing fibre optic cable tv in this town to test it out. I will be getting that if it turns out to be true.

And for bill output here is a break down:
Home-$0 its paid for
Cars-$0 they are paid for
Utilities_$300 in winter $200 in summer
Food-$300. There is a store like Aldis here and a superwalmart
Sat-$80
Phone_$20
Insurance-$50
Internet-$35
Total output per month-$985 on the high side for a family of 4 in this huge house ;)

TrixAreForKids

Apr 8, 2001
They must all be haunted. ;)

Insanely low prices. Almost want to just buy 4 of 'em just to know they're there. So freakin cheap!

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
THANK you mods unlocking and seeing my point and understanding that this isnt a thread about me selling my house but one for other members to see that homes can be had dirt cheap and can move near me for hella parties in our cheap but well made steal of a deal homes :D:D:D