Be Careful (Deep Vein Thrombosis)

Kristijonas

Jun 11, 2011
20+ minutes exercise + freshly squeezed grape+lemon juice every day can prevent this completely. (and most other blood circular related diseases)

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
One more for the fear campaign.

Let's be real. ALMOST everything in large doses can kill you, but at the same time, there's a whole world of fat lazy people who are doing just fine.

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
Stupid console gamers! :D

JK, yeah, I make sure me and my son get up at least once every 60-90 minutes to walk around and stretch out legs during gaming, on the PC or otherwise.

Aug 11, 2008
While this is sad, anything in excess is can be harmful. I do believe in exercise, and try not to sit at a desk either working or gaming too long at one time. However, I would bet that many more people have died from exercise, or over-exercising, than from gaming. And how many people die from hunting accidents, or football head injuries, or skiing accidents, etc?

So bottom line, everything has risks and bad things can happen. Just seems sort of unfair that when it is related to gaming, one isolated incident, however sad, gets so much publicity.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Something like 4 people have died from gaming over the past 30 years? I'll take those odds. I'm actually in semi decent shape though. Kind of pisses me off that people will read this and take it to heart when it's a crap fear mongering piece.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Something like 4 people have died from gaming over the past 30 years? I'll take those odds. I'm actually in semi decent shape though. Kind of pisses me off that people will read this and take it to heart when it's a crap fear mongering piece.

Yeah I think you are more likely to get run over in farm country than die of gaming. Theres so much more to worry about.
General bad health up into your 50's is still the leading cause of death for Americans (heart disease, cancer, etc.)

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
treadputer-head.jpg