BCS Rankings for week ending 10/2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Feldenak
Originally posted by: MIKEMIKE
we could possibly see TWO #1 vs #2 games in the regular season this year.

if OSU and UofM go unbeaten, it could be very interesting if any other top team loses if UofM can pull out the #2 spot.

When Auburn beats Florida & Georgia, there's no way the team up north leapfrogs us.

There's one way.. :D

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
2 things:

1. Georgia is going down, their quarterback situation is horrible, Tennessee will rip them a new @$$h0|3.

2. IF auburn goes undefeated and does not make the national championship game me and every other SEC fan are gonna go on a rampage.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
i am a big usc fan, but at this point, auburn is a bit better in my eyes, sc has lost so much talent, they have had so many injuries too, its going to take some time for them to jell, they will only improve with time though

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Where the hell is Washington? They're 4-1, they played Oklahoma tough, and they beat Arizona on the road better than USC did. :(

rocadelpunk

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Originally posted by: mpitts

if OSU and UofM go unbeaten, it could be very interesting if any other top team loses if UofM can pull out the #2 spot.

When Auburn beats Florida & Georgia, there's no way the team up north leapfrogs us.

There's one way.. :D

oh no you did'ant

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
who the crap did oregon beat? i guess the record books weren't stripped.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, any pollster that votes oregon ahead of ou should be stripped of their duties.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Did the NCAA ever do anything about the recent Reggie Bush scandal?

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: ElFenix

i've said it before and i'll say it again, any pollster that votes oregon ahead of ou should be stripped of their duties.

Granted there were some bad calls in the game (going both ways) with the obvious being the onside kick...but OU still gave up 2 touchdowns late in the game and got outplayed.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Rofl. College football must really suck this year if we (TN) can completely destroy Cal in the first game of the season and the BCS formula can't find a better team to stick at #15.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: mugs

They can't do anything about it really. They can possibly punish USC in the future (if they feel they were heavily involved), but you can't change history.

Warthog912

Golden Member
Jun 17, 2001

Your assuming Auburn CAN beat the Gators. Depending on which Gator team shows up to the game, it might be interesting. Being the SEC East fan I am, Gators have potiential but don't look ready for primetime against LSU or Auburn. It's a shamed, because Florida has the schedule to be BCS NC game worthy. The above goes for Auburn as well... I guess...

Auburn = LSU, Gators @ home (Toughest games this year)
Florida = Tennessee, Auburn, AND Florida State = AWAY (again not counting GA)

IMO Florida Gators have the TOUGHEST schedule in the Nation.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: BlancoNino

Granted there were some bad calls in the game (going both ways) with the obvious being the onside kick...but OU still gave up 2 touchdowns late in the game and got outplayed.

or cheated. i don't even like ou. but that was simply embarassing. i guess you can't say that ou would have held on without those horrible calls, but you can say it's more likely than them losing the game, had the calls been made properly. unfortunately, due to the half-assed way the pac 10 has implemented instant replay, it's worse than no system at all.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Even a crappy team like mine (Vanderbilt) plays 4 of those top15 teams (Michigan, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee). So don't be thinking a team is badass jsut casue they play a few top25 teams.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Where the hell is Washington? They're 4-1, they played Oklahoma tough, and they beat Arizona on the road better than USC did. :(

If you downloaded and looked at the PDF, you would see that they are #24 in the rankings.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000

What about voters that vote Texas or Notre Dame ahead of Michigan? There are PLENTY of them in the AP poll.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
Rofl. College football must really suck this year if we (TN) can completely destroy Cal in the first game of the season and the BCS formula can't find a better team to stick at #15.

I'd say the same thing about Notre Dame. There are only 13 teams left with zero losses. That would explain it.

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I like USC but I think Auburn is a better team..well at this point. Maybe at the end of the season USC will be better but that's to be seen.

They do have a common opponent in Wash St.

Auburn beat them 40-14, USC beat them 28-22.

We might know a little more after Auburn plays Arkansas this weekend, USC already beat them 50-14.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: mugs

They can't do anything about it really. They can possibly punish USC in the future (if they feel they were heavily involved), but you can't change history.

Wanna bet?

They may never change a single opinion about who should be the champion of a season or who should be the Heisman winner for that season, but they sure as hell can change the official outcome of both, that's why these rules exist. The Heisman committee answers to the NCAA and plays by their same integirty rules actually.

Yes I know it's happening all over the country in schools 10-times smaller then USC, and yes I know they are probably singling him over the lesser known athletes, and of course the agents were only trying to get in good with him for his NFL years.... but rules are rules and he shouldn't have accepted any of that.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: jbourne77
I'd like to state that Notre Dame sucks and is terribly overrated.

That is all.

Yep, two wins (GT and MSU) that couldn't exactly be put in a quality win category, especially considering that in both of those games the opposing teams just lost the game, ND didn't exactly win them. Add to that having their butts handed to them by Michigan can't exactly qualify as a quality loss. They don't belong in the BCS rankings, but the love affair of the media for ND will never end.

bGIveNs33

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2002
I think this is another 3 teams undefeated season... either osu or um will do it... usc might, and either uf(although they have the hardest 3 game stretch in the history of college football coming up), or maybe a west virginia will end up undefeated as well. it's going to be interesting.

here's a question- if you are a nfl gm and you had the pick of manningham, ginn or c. johnson as a reciever next year... who would you take?

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: bGIveNs33
I think this is another 3 teams undefeated season... either osu or um will do it... usc might, and either uf(although they have the hardest 3 game stretch in the history of college football coming up), or maybe a west virginia will end up undefeated as well. it's going to be interesting.

here's a question- if you are a nfl gm and you had the pick of manningham, ginn or c. johnson as a reciever next year... who would you take?

id pick Tony Gonzalez.