BCS Rankings for 11/8/2009

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
7 undefeated, good thing the playoffs will take care of this.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I'm surprised Iowa/PSU only dropped to 10/18. Thought it would be worse for both teams.

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
won't happen. the BCS people will instruct the refs to cheat as much as possible to ensure that Texas, Bama or Florida stays perfect. Obviously Bama/Florida will result in someone losing in the SEC title game.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
If Oregon and USC runs the table, Oregon goes to the Rose Bowl. That can be a "good" thing for USC.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Hopefully Texas, Florida and Alabama all lose and we can have a Boise St./Cinci/TCU National Championship and truly reveal what a farce the BCS is.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
6, but yeah. However, even without playoffs Florida/Bama/Texas >>>>>>> TCU, Cinci, Boise.

Oh yeah? Kinda like that year OU was way better than Boise right....oh wait.

I'm surprised Iowa/PSU only dropped to 10/18. Thought it would be worse for both teams.

No way Iowa should still be in the top 10. They are good, not great. At least 10 of the other teams below them in the top25 would trounce them.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
won't happen. the BCS people will instruct the refs to cheat as much as possible to ensure that Texas, Bama or Florida stays perfect. Obviously Bama/Florida will result in someone losing in the SEC title game.

LSU should move up, because honestly they won that game. No denying that interception was in bounds.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
why is USC ahead of Oregon. I am a usc fan, but this is not our year. Oregon clearly outplayed us on the field.

Apr 20, 2008
USC should NOT be ahead of Oregon. That's the retard pollsters messing things up.

We just need a 16 team playoff to resolve EVERYTHING. Teams 17-32 would play in their own playoffs for a new championchip of some kind. Just like college basketball.

See? Problem solved. Problem fucking solved.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
USC should NOT be ahead of Oregon. That's the retard pollsters messing things up.

We just need a 16 team playoff to resolve EVERYTHING. Teams 17-32 would play in their own playoffs for a new championchip of some kind. Just like college basketball.

See? Problem solved. Problem fucking solved.

Please, think of the money. How will everyone make their money without their precious bowls?

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
LSU should move up, because honestly they won that game. No denying that interception was in bounds.

Honestly, you don't know what you're talking about. LSU was losing at the time of the call you are referring to. Your assumption that LSU would have won had the call been reversed is flawed.

Last edited:

kalrith

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2005
Please, think of the money. How will everyone make their money without their precious bowls?

That's exactly the problem. The BCS can say all the BS reasons for why they don't do a playoff system, but the real reason is the oodles and oodles of money from the bowl games. IMO there will never be a playoff system for this very reason.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
That's exactly the problem. The BCS can say all the BS reasons for why they don't do a playoff system, but the real reason is the oodles and oodles of money from the bowl games. IMO there will never be a playoff system for this very reason.

I still don't see how going to a 4 or 8 team playoff (8 preferred) would reduce bowl game money.

8 would be sweet this year. The 6 BCS conference champions plus two at large. Who wouldn't want to watch that???

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
I still don't see how going to a 4 or 8 team playoff (8 preferred) would reduce bowl game money.

8 would be sweet this year. The 6 BCS conference champions plus two at large. Who wouldn't want to watch that???

Where would the games be held? If you did it in the bowl format still... i.e. make the "playoff" bowls the rose, orange, etc..., and then rotate between which was the NC game, how would you get people to travel to them?

If a team wins round 1 in the orange bowl, then goes to round 2 in some other bowl, as a fan, you arent going to be able to afford to go to more than 1 game when they are at random places around the country.

If you switch it to a format where you have "home" games for the first couple rounds and play the games at teams stadiums, then the bowls lose money.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love a playoff, but I don't see it happening because of all the greedy bastards who run the system we have now.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

they claim the fans won't travel that much, however, you have the basketball tourney where the fans sure as hell do travel. they're starting to put those in football stadiums and filling them up

GlacierFreeze

Golden Member
May 23, 2005
6, but yeah. However, even without playoffs Florida/Bama/Texas >>>>>>> TCU, Cinci, Boise.

The BCS and media have consumed you. Unfortunately, it's working as intended to keep the rich richer and the poor poorer.

BCS needs to disappear, conferences expanded and restructured, and conference champs enter a playoff.

GlacierFreeze

Golden Member
May 23, 2005

You act like a playoff won't produce any money. The right setup and it could produce more money overall than the current Crooked System that is the BCS.

Nov 7, 2000
conferences should do divisional play, each conference sends the winners to a playoff for the champion, all other teams can go to whatever bowls they are invited to

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001

:rolleyes:

LSU was losing at the time that play happened. What's more, they had been unable to generate any offense after they lost their starting RB Charles Scott AND their starting QB Jordan Jefferson to injury. Even if the call had gone LSU's way, it is extremely unlikely that LSU would have been able to score as they mustered a whopping 9 yards of offense in the 4th quarter.