BBR is less than 7 days away!!!

PieDerro

Apr 19, 2000
According to SETI@Work, BBR are less than 7 days away from taking this TeAm's rightful lead in what continues to be a friendly rivalry between our two teams.

What is more, seven days may be an optimistic estimate, given Bandai's return (an insane 6000WUs/day! what is that? :Q:Q). They have some insanely high producers, with three members averaging over 1000 WUs/day.

But while we are in the lead, there is still hope!! Hope in the form of Spleenus and Confused and our very own BBR (British Bulldog Racers) hehehe... sorry to put the pressure like that on you guys, but I know you british types like the attention ;) :p

I personally have set myself a target of increasing my output by at least another 100WUs/day over the coming month. If everyone on this team could add another machine from somewhere, or someone, we would not only hold off BBR, but increase our lead from them!

Don't ignore the famous words of TA's very own Engineer... we need MORE... MORE... MORE... :D

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Originally posted by: PieDerro
But while we are in the lead, there is still hope!! Hope in the form of Spleenus and Confused and our very own BBR (British Bulldog Racers) hehehe... sorry to put the pressure like that on you guys, but I know you british types like the attention ;) :p

We're in the process of doing it :) We are beta testing a service install, results will be given on Monday :)

Hopefully after that it will be a case of log on, run program, log off, reset computer on all the computers there :) They are all running Win98, so it makes life more difficult! If they were running XP as we thought they would be, then we could have got the network admin to log on, then run the FlexInstaller then that'll be it, done!
rolleye.gif

British Bulldog Racers will get there, and add our few per day :)

But, it's not us big producers that make the most difference, it's the other people. If everyone can add 1 computer, that will be more than ourselves and Pie can do :) This TeAm is made of the smaller, but by NO means insignificant people :)

more... moRE... MORE...!!!
Confused

DJSnairdA

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Confused
But, it's not us big producers that make the most difference, it's the other people. If everyone can add 1 computer, that will be more than ourselves and Pie can do :) This TeAm is made of the smaller, but by NO means insignificant people :)

more... moRE... MORE...!!!
Confused

Well, if all our inactive members became active again and produced at least 1 a day (which i bet they are more than capable of) we'd increase our production by enough :) However, not all things are possible ;)

I've added another machine, which seems to be processing slower than my computer, which is meant to be slower (Duron 1.2ghz.. mine is only a TBird 850mhz) :confused: Also got my brother's computer going, and i'm going to try and assimilate some computers here and there.

All for a noble cause, finding ET and beating BBR! ;) :p

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Added two XP2000 systems yesterday! :)

Will try to get a PII 300 going this week! :)

[Eminem Voice]

Guess who's back.....
Back again......
Bandai's back......
with a GRIN (evil)....
Guess who's back, guess who's back......
:Q
[/Eminem Voice Off]

Version #2
[Eminem Voice]
Two Trailerpark Guys run around the outside....around the outside
Two Trailerpark Guys run around the outside...around the outside
Guess who's back.....
Back again......
Bandai's back......
with a friend (DavidB)....
Guess who's back, guess who's back......guess who's back....guess who's back....guess who's back....
They've created a monster......
[/Eminem Voice Off]

DavidB and Bandai are flushing 9,500 WU's per day the last two....not sure we can compete against TWO teams at the same time!

PieDerro

Apr 19, 2000
Confused:
Best of luck to you and spleenus!! I know the agony of installing SETI one by one on machines!! Each and every machine in my 100+ fleet was done that way! Winblows 98 is a pain and a half!! But I admire your attitude... that'll be a killer fleet when it's done! Any estimates on WU output??? :Q:Q

DJSnaird:
Like Confused said, we are truly one of the biggest "little guy" teams out there! Probably the biggest! Unlike S@NL, Seti.Germany, Ars, or BBR, we don't have any 1000+ WU/day producers! Every guy (and gal!) counts on this team!! Great assimilations btw :)

Engineer:
You forgot the two trailerpark girls going round the outside of BBR's headquarters ;) hehehe... j/k to all the BBR folk!! :D But did I hear a note of resignation in your voice Admiral Engineer?? :Q You know that TA can pull anything out of it's collective hat... so we'll wait and see!

I know I'm getting desperate... tomorrow I'm going to add the 8 or so Pentium 233MMXes that I have been neglecting cos they are sooooo slooooow! Every WU counts right? Any idea how fast G3-400s can output WUs? Team Macaddict's website says something about 16 hours with the CLI... 22 more of them to be added on Tuesday! Hmm... finding computers is becoming more and more difficult!

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
NEVER...

SAY....

DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep on assimilating....even if they pass us....it will give us more incentive to move...and pass them BACK! Assimilate like hell! :Q

PieDerro

Apr 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Engineer
NEVER...

SAY....

DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep on assimilating....even if they pass us....it will give us more incentive to move...and pass them BACK! Assimilate like hell! :Q

Now THAT'S the Engineer I'm used to!!

You heard the Admiral people!!

DJSnairdA

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2000
Since Engineer is on the verge of a heart attack, I'm going to try and assimilate a PC store my other brother works at. I think they have SETI running, but have their own team, so i'll suggest they set up a mini team for themselves and join here! ;)

Around 10 computers capable of 2-3 WU's a day EACH. :D

DJSnairdA

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2000
I'm also thinking about doing some random recruiting on places I go to on the net where people would probably be wasting CPU cycles. If i'm successful enough, possibly another few hundred on the board! ;):):D

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Originally posted by: DJSnairdA
I'm also thinking about doing some random recruiting on places I go to on the net where people would probably be wasting CPU cycles. If i'm successful enough, possibly another few hundred on the board! ;):):D

:D

Sounds like your addicted....didn't take long did it!? :p

I need to see about assimilating my work computers, almost all are now 1.2GHz Durons, but we run Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 open all day...gonna have to see if there's any slowdown on these...:)

And THAT is the Engineer i'm used to :D

Confused

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
All of you make me very proud. :)

I'm glad I belong to this "TeAm". :D

deerslayer

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
I have a Tbird 1ghz laying around, should I put that into my Iwill kk266-r rather than the duron 600 that's in it? The duron is overclocked to 979mhz.

I've only done 3 processor/heatsink installs, but I will go ahead and give it my best if you guys think it would help out the team a bit!

Swanny

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Hopefully I'll have a few P4's soon. My friend keeps telling me that he'll get them up just as soon they're networked together:)

Spleenus

Mar 25, 2002
Ok, tomorrow will be the big push for me. Entire rooms of computers will be overtaken with the power of seti. This is if the 'service' install works fine. I had some probs on Friday during the testing but that was mainly cuz I got confused because of the wrong impression from confused. Confusing or what? Well, that's confuseds fault.

Anyway, as for the comps that will be assimilated. They will only be running seti while there is someone logged on. which will most likely be for four hours a day. and below I'll list the general specs. Each room has ~20machines. And the rooms listed below aren't all the rooms

1) Duron 750's
2) Duron 850's - this only has 12 and has been GUI'ated
3) Athlon XP 1600's
4) AMD 400's
5) AMD 400's
6) Pentium 266's
7) AMD 400's
8) AMD 400's

I think I missed some rooms off too :-s

And the new library suite which isn't finished yet is rumoured quite reliably to have approximately 120 computers in there and i heard they're gonna be p4 2.4GHz's :Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q

More news coming tomorrow.

deerslayer

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Spleenus
Ok, tomorrow will be the big push for me. Entire rooms of computers will be overtaken with the power of seti. This is if the 'service' install works fine. I had some probs on Friday during the testing but that was mainly cuz I got confused because of the wrong impression from confused. Confusing or what? Well, that's confuseds fault.

Anyway, as for the comps that will be assimilated. They will only be running seti while there is someone logged on. which will most likely be for four hours a day. and below I'll list the general specs. Each room has ~20machines. And the rooms listed below aren't all the rooms

1) Duron 750's
2) Duron 850's - this only has 12 and has been GUI'ated
3) Athlon XP 1600's
4) AMD 400's
5) AMD 400's
6) Pentium 266's
7) AMD 400's
8) AMD 400's

I think I missed some rooms off too :-s

And the new library suite which isn't finished yet is rumoured quite reliably to have approximately 120 computers in there and i heard they're gonna be p4 2.4GHz's :Q:Q:Q:Q:Q:Q

More news coming tomorrow.

SWEEEEEEET!!!!!

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Wow!:D:Q ,I hope you get the P4's too!:D

As for me ,I'm maxed out until I can assimilate someones elses PC................which reminds me my friend Tanya said she'd run it for me:) ,she's got some Tbird rig,I think its got about a 900-1000MHz cpu.:)

DJSnairdA

I've added another machine, which seems to be processing slower than my computer, which is meant to be slower (Duron 1.2ghz.. mine is only a TBird 850mhz)

Some thing isn't right there ,my unlocked Duron 1.2@1.26GHz (9x140) is doing WU's faster than my Fathers 1.4GHz(10.5x133) Tbird!,his is doing them in about 5hrs & my Duron is doing them in about 4hrs45mins.Even when I had a Duron 1.1GHz at 1177MHz (11x107) in it, it was still achieving 5hrs/WU.Neither rigs are DDR btw.

What chipsets do your 2 rigs use?

LyNx01

I have a Tbird 1ghz laying around, should I put that into my Iwill kk266-r rather than the duron 600 that's in it? The duron is overclocked to 979mhz.
I've only done 3 processor/heatsink installs, but I will go ahead and give it my best if you guys think it would help out the team a bit!

As long as your happy about swapping CPU's then I would say definitley swap them over!:) ,clock for clock the Tbird will be faster than any Duron(spitfire core only,sub 1GHz),also the 1GHz Tbird should overclock nicely too;).
Btw its only the Durons of 1GHz & higher(Morgan core,XP based) that are faster than the Tbirds in SETI

Idoxash

Apr 30, 2001
"DavidB and Bandai are flushing 9,500 WU's per day the last two....not sure we can compete against TWO teams at the same time! "

For real dude... that's the same thing that cross my mind a few days ago... it's not kewl at all!