Bayonetta for XBOX360 & PS3 New $19.99 at BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
but 360 is better? Why? Wouldn't they both be the same?

You would think so, but they are not, here is a snippet from the Gamespot review of the PS3 version:

Unfortunately, as entertaining as the stylish action combat of Bayonetta is, it's plagued by a number of technical issues on the PS3 that distract and spoil some of the fun. Not only are the visuals grainier and more washed out than in its Xbox 360 counterpart, but there are also noticeable frame rate dips that occur when the action gets too heavy. Most commonplace, however, are the frequent, excessively long load times. While the loads between levels are partially mitigated by the useful practice mode, it can only cover up so much and doesn't do anything at all to help all of the other loads. You're met with an immersion-breaking, several seconds long loading screen every single time you want to pause the action, access your inventory or switch between submenus there, save or load your game, or pick up a new item.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
A huge patch addressed most of the PS3 problems, I think.

But I do have to say it has been one of the most fun games I have *ever* played on my 360.

xboxist

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2002
After scouring a few gaming forums, the updated verdict on the PS3 version of this game seems to be along the lines of:

"Patches really helped the load times, but there are still some bad FPS issues at certain points in the game. But the game is still awesome and worth it if you don't have the option to get it for the 360."

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
Tried out the demo, though it was very stylish and creative, but a little too manic for me. Went over to Best Buy anyway, saw it for $19.99, passed on it and bought Mass Effect 2 for $30 (also a pretty good deal, by the way).

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
So far i'd say this game is like Devil May Cry 4 on Acid. Very flashy and heart pounding action. Awesome buy for $19.99!

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
I rented it a few weeks ago, game was phenominal.

Only issue is that after beating it a time or two there's not much replay value.

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
I rented it a few weeks ago, game was phenominal.

Only issue is that after beating it a time or two there's not much replay value.

Agreed, but that's why i waited so long, $19.99 is a steal for me as i usually pay huge late fees for movies and games. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.