Bay Insert for front access

SmooveB

Jun 5, 2002
Yes, I know that can sound dirty; don't bother saying it.

What are my options as far as bay inserts for front access to ports and such. I've only found one: a 3.5 inch with usb, firewire, audio, and serial. But I haven't used serial in like 8 years and don't own any firewire stuff. Who makes these and where can I find them?

SmooveB

Jun 5, 2002
^ maybe someone can give me some tips on how to not get ignored on these boards too

Shogun

Oct 13, 1999
I don't know what eactly you are looking for, but check out Koutech. They make all sorts of front bay inserts in different configurations.

Sheriff

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2001
Originally posted by: SmooveB
^ maybe someone can give me some tips on how to not get ignored on these boards too

No to be Harsh but if you feel ignored after 30 mins from posting and then bumping, best you go do something for a few hours and comeback
rolleye.gif

To help you find a solution for the front bay solution, there are many options to add:
Baybus, Reader Cards, HD Trays, Radios, EQ's, Firewire, USB, switches, Tachs and Digi readout etc.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Also - just browse BestBuy! or CompUSA stores and look at what they have. And, for the web, just do a Google search for Front Panel USB ports. The Koutech link is there - also this one and several others:

Linky

Ionizer86

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
Newegg Enermax Front Transfer Panel ($16 when I got mine). It has front temp, 2xUSB2, firewire, audio in and out, and gameport. 5.25" bay.

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
take a look at this front bay connector setup from frontx. I have one and like it a lot. The best part is it is fully modular so you can configure the exact connectors that you may want/need and then add new one later as needed. Uses a 5.25 bay though.
FrontX modular 5.25" bay connector unit.