Battletoads ownz

G41184b

Aug 12, 2000
I just set up the old NES with a friend of mine and Battletoads brings back fond memories of hours wasted trying to beat the racing part

Freeze

Oct 15, 1999
I haven't played that game in years (since the early 90's I think). That game was really cool. Didn't they make one for the SNES as well? Ahhh the memories of the old NES.... Those were the days.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
I always hated the fact that I could get that part 90% of the time, but the person I was playing with wouldn't (MARK!). Then we'd have to start all over again. The ONE time that he DID get it, I ended up cheering finally --just in time to see my guy get knocked off by one of those walls. *grr* :D

And, the level before... he and I would always end up killing eachother with those sword (feathers???), kicking eachother, or belling eachother. It ALWAYS ended up in a deathmatch until we decided to play the game again. :)

G41184b

Aug 12, 2000
I wanna know if anyone has ever beaten that game without using game genie because sometimes it seems so ridiculously hard.

FatAlbo

Golden Member
May 11, 2000
One of the hardest NES games out there, but it was damn fun. It also holds the dubious distinction of taking about 1/2 of an entire issue of Nintendo Power. . .

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
You know whats probably harder? TMNT1. Not 2 the arcade game, but the original sorta action adventure one. Talk about a tough game! It was really realistic and was WAY, WAY ahead of its time. It was tough as heck though, and to think it was made for kids! Only way I could beat it is with game genie :p

Acctually now that I think about it I dont know if it was that it was so hard or so long that I never could play long enough...

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Piku:

I never could get past the damn water level, where you had to defuse all those bombs. That game was hard as hell!!!

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
I couldnt get past defusing those stupid bombs either. I got past it once but of course had to go to bed. grrrrrr.

Jedi Mike

Nov 4, 1999
That game was hella hard it was similiar to Zelda 2 for nes cuz you were small in part of the game.

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
Defusing the bombs took a while to figure out the first time. A LONG time :p

Hehe i went back and played it a while ago and I couldn't believe that I acctually remembered where the bombs were :p I guess i played it _that_ much :)

That game was way to tough and realistic (you know what I mean ;) ) for a Turtles game... but then again the first Turtles movie was that way too :)