Battlestar Galactica - I just started Season 1 episode 1 yet it isnt the first

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mrkun

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2005
Originally posted by: JImmyK
Originally posted by: mrkun
Originally posted by: shadow9d9
Season 3's last 6 episodes are all amazing.. plenty of good ones before that too.. The only people who don't like season 3 are the people who are offended by having anything similar to the Iraq war(even if they results are different and it's completely relevant to the story and no conclusions are drawn).

Umm, no. I don't like Season 3 past Ep4 because it was all filler, for the most part, and the producers admitted they were just making sh*t up as they went, and they really had no idea where the show was supposed to be going.

Edit: And on that note, I think I'm going to watch Episode 4. =)

OMG! Dude I just finished watching Season 3 Episode 4 around 1 AM last night and I couldnt go to sleep 2 hours after it.

SPOILERS!!!

When Galactica is falling through the atmosphere lauching vypers oh daaaaaaaang that was on point..

I'm glad you enjoyed it, because it's all downhill from there. :p

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yes you guys were correct after that episode it was downhill right until the end scene OMG!! WTH!!

I cant wait for season 4.. very cool..

ahurtt

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Yes you guys were correct after that episode it was downhill right until the end scene OMG!! ***season finale spoiler deleted****

Dude. . .I have seen all the seasons so I don't care that you just spoiled the end of season 3. But come on. . .are the season 3 DVD's even out yet? I don't think they come out until March. Last I heard they weren't and there were still plenty of people who hadn't seen season 3 yet.

Ramma2

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2002
I recently watched the mid break filler special, Razor was it? Damn that bitch lady captain was insane.

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: thedarkwolf
There is one kick butt episode in season 3 and you will know when you get to it. Rest is pretty much filler.

to be fair, the filler was probably to save money to pay for all the effects in that episode.

That episode was good enough to make up for the rest of that sorta lackluster season.

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ahurtt
Yes you guys were correct after that episode it was downhill right until the end scene OMG!! ***season finale spoiler deleted****

Dude. . .I have seen all the seasons so I don't care that you just spoiled the end of season 3. But come on. . .are the season 3 DVD's even out yet? I don't think they come out until March. Last I heard they weren't and there were still plenty of people who hadn't seen season 3 yet.

What spoiler? Ill reword it but I really dont think its much of a spoiler since it doesnt reference any details or particulars at all

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Did the show start again? I have been out of the loop, last season they said back in 2008. Did it start? BTW, isnt this going to be the last season? I had heard after this season they will end the show.

mrkun

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Oyeve
Did the show start again? I have been out of the loop, last season they said back in 2008. Did it start? BTW, isnt this going to be the last season? I had heard after this season they will end the show.

It's not supposed to start until April. Yes, this is the last season.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: mrkun
Originally posted by: Oyeve

It's not supposed to start until April. Yes, this is the last season.

Ok, so I havent missed anything yet. PHEW. I bought the mini-series DVD long ago, as well as 2.0 and 2.5 and RAZOR. Waiting for series 3 DVD and the start of the last season. I so love BSG. I even bought the Cylon head original series on DVD years ago and even the horrendous Galactica:1980 series (ug, only a loyal fan would buy that). And years ago I bought the theatrical 1978 movie version where Baltar gets whacked. :)

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
O M G!

I just spent the last 4 hours watching this miniseries.... I am absolutely floored... Im literally thinking about skipping work to start watching the series....

It is so rare to discover such a wicked show and have 3 seasons to watch... It would almost be like discovering TNG for the first time....

lol, funny enough this just happened to me and I just started watching it this weekend.