Battlefield One Trailer - Releases October

spinejam

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
Air battles were much more entertaining using WWI / WWII aircraft imo. :)

omek

Nov 18, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ

Looks amazing, its "in-engine" not gameplay, but looks awesome! Hoping its DX12 / Vulkan only.

I like that they are diverting from modern warfare for a while.

Last I knew there was a bit of hip-bumping going on between DICE and NVDIA so even if it is DX12 only the DX11 path may continue to exist and remain the primary path. I've also heard that DICE is working with AMD so... yeah.

Built around the GCN architecture (because console) while using DX11 primarily to appease NVIDIA while requiring W10/DX12 is my guess. With the way DICE swings it's junk around lately it should be a big ol' politically infused cluster____ on the PC technology wise.

Last edited:

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Spend 2 weeks standing in a trench ankle deep in sh*t and the decomposing guts of the last poor sod to be stationed there, then get gassed and choke to death on your own lung tissue. FUN

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Spend 2 weeks standing in a trench ankle deep in sh*t and the decomposing guts of the last poor sod to be stationed there, then get gassed and choke to death on your own lung tissue. FUN

LOL that was a bit deep.

Jacky60

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2010
Man up ffs! A fetid stew of decomposing comrades and the knowledge that you aren't going to live more that 30s should be all you need. Some of the 'best' war stories I ever read were from WW1. Bring it, I have my trench feet and trench club ready.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Man up ffs! A fetid stew of decomposing comrades and the knowledge that you aren't going to live more that 30s should be all you need. Some of the 'best' war stories I ever read were from WW1. Bring it, I have my trench feet and trench club ready.

Erm ok.

Piroko

Jan 10, 2013
Your trenches don't have drain channels? Got a bit sloppy, eh?

Let's hope they also dial back the combat mechanics to something suitable of a WW1 setting with shorter range weapons, less bullet & 'nade spamming and generally slower pace. At least let me dream.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
That looks amazing. I really hope they revisit ww2 in a few years. The era could be depicted on a whole new level with current game engines.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
Well that name is terrible, should have just called it Battlefield.

Interesting trailer, I'm no a huge MP player, I'm all for campaigns, outside of the visuals, not very impressed.

Will have to wait for more info.

EDIT:
Let's hope they also dial back the combat mechanics to something suitable of a WW1 setting with shorter range weapons, less bullet & 'nade spamming and generally slower pace. At least let me dream.

This is the first thing I thought of for campaign mode, combat would have to be slower, but it would most definitely kill MP in my opinion. But I agree, I do hope they got for something a tad authentic for campaign mode.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2009
Why not Battlefield 1911?

Gives a nod to their history.

And if it's releasing later this year, it better be DX12 or I am not buying.

Feb 19, 2009
And for those who said that BF1/5 would be showcased and sponsored by NVIDIA due to the timing... and all the click-bait sites that claimed such.

LWt7zHR.jpg

https://twitter.com/AMDRadeon/status/728704228638756864

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
My guess is they're working with both. I think Battlefield 3 was the same way. They had some announcement stuff and ads with AMD, but also worked with Nvidia.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Holy balls! This looks badass! I'm going to bash noobs with my shovel and snipe the crap out of them with my...hang on... ::googles:: ...M1903? Hopefully this means there won't be any stupid helicopters to ruin the fun. Also, if the game runs like a bad ear infection on Nvidia hardware, then I'll be saying hello to Vega. It should be OK though.

Feb 19, 2009
Holy balls! This looks badass! I'm going to bash noobs with my shovel and snipe the crap out of them with my...hang on... ::googles:: ...M1903? Hopefully this means there won't be any stupid helicopters to ruin the fun. Also, if the game runs like a bad ear infection on Nvidia hardware, then I'll be saying hello to Vega. It should be OK though.

Frostbite games run well on all hardware, so you wouldn't need to worry about that.

Seems strange COD going all futuristic space and BF going back to the roots. Honestly, I much prefer WW1 and WW2 shooters. :)

antihelten

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2012
Seems strange COD going all futuristic space and BF going back to the roots. Honestly, I much prefer WW1 and WW2 shooters. :)

Seems like you're not the only one, the CoD trailer is currently sitting on a staggering 72% dislikes (550k) compared to only 2% (7k) for BF1.