• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Battlefield 6

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Yeah as long as the shenanigans are similar to BF1942 or BF2 I’m all for it.
I read something interesting regarding the no single player or story.
Apparently many gamers say the want a story in a shooter but the data collected from games says the opposite. Many shooter buyers never even start single player and fewer play it more than 10(?) minutes. We all go to multiplayer and stay there.
BF5 missed its sales target which is insane since it sold 7 million plus but they had to aggressively discount it which I assume hit their revenue goal.
Avoiding the whole social issues regarding that game one thing cited was releasing a month late during the holidays and competing against other games. Delay was caused by wanting to polish the single player more and it turns out few people played the single player missions.
Seems like the idea is drop single player and focus on creating a good multiplayer game that is released on time.
Yeah BF5 at launch was a bit messy and it never truly hit its stride after that bad publicity. I got it on launch day. It needed more work.

I'm with all the gamers that never touch single player on these games. I buy BF for multiplayer only. Single player never gets launched, or if it does its to figure out my sensitivity and key bindings. They finally wised up and put all the resources into MP which is great; also this game took three years to develop vs the 2 year cycle they were getting into. I have high hopes due to all these factors. Of course they could still fuck it up :)

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
I pre ordered it, I'm a sucker for BF games. Have played them since the beginning, still play V weekly.

Lots if hate as usual for it. Some deserved and some not. Cross platforming would be nice. Would love to get a new card for it. Still slugging along on my 2080 Gaming X. I know this will stress it at my 3440x1440 res with any settings remotely high.

It would also be nice to buy one copy, and play on PC and console. Having to buy two copies, and level up two games is annoying. You should have one account, and log be able to login to one at a time. I know it'll never happen, but it's the reason I support "upgrade packs".

Anyway, looking forward to it. Like others have said, hope it's a back to basics game play.

Feb 4, 2009
Highly scripted game play video.
Action is fast but doesn’t seem too fast.
I think I saw a tank blast a copter and general vehicle shenanigans.
Overall I like it, storm seems to be in interesting map cleaning event.
Does appear to have a ton of choke points which is expected but I feel BF3 had too many.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Highly scripted game play video.
Action is fast but doesn’t seem too fast.
I think I saw a tank blast a copter and general vehicle shenanigans.
Overall I like it, storm seems to be in interesting map cleaning event.
Does appear to have a ton of choke points which is expected but I feel BF3 had too many.

Urban based maps tend to be my favorite, this looked pretty cool. I'll be buying this game. Even though BFV was a mediocre BF, I still got a lot of hours of fun out of it. Put it down earlier than other better BF games, but this can't be as bad as BFV.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
It seems alright to me, really. I haven't said that in a long time for the Battlefield franchise.

My favorites are still BF1942 and BF2 (played BF2 at least 1000+ hours, just my own estimation; it's probably more), best BF experience I had for me. I did play some of BF3 (very little actually, maybe a total of 10 hours) and BF4 (a bit more than 3, maybe around 30 hours or so), then skipped all the others that followed. But this one, yeah it looks alright. The main appeal for me would be the 128 max players count. Was about damn time we got above 64 players max (at least for some specific larger maps to accommodate more players). It's something I wanted in Battlefront 2, but never happened (and turned me off real hard).

Then again, I'm still stuck with my GTX 1080 (non-Ti). Still waiting for my local PC stuffs store to actually accept orders for the new cards (any one of them). The clerk told me they won't accept any orders (or "pre" orders) until at least end of August, possibly into mid September.

Feb 4, 2009
It seems alright to me, really. I haven't said that in a long time for the Battlefield franchise.

My favorites are still BF1942 and BF2 (played BF2 at least 1000+ hours, just my own estimation; it's probably more), best BF experience I had for me. I did play some of BF3 (very little actually, maybe a total of 10 hours) and BF4 (a bit more than 3, maybe around 30 hours or so), then skipped all the others that followed. But this one, yeah it looks alright. The main appeal for me would be the 128 max players count. Was about damn time we got above 64 players max (at least for some specific larger maps to accommodate more players). It's something I wanted in Battlefront 2, but never happened (and turned me off real hard).

Then again, I'm still stuck with my GTX 1080 (non-Ti). Still waiting for my local PC stuffs store to actually accept orders for the new cards (any one of them). The clerk told me they won't accept any orders (or "pre" orders) until at least end of August, possibly into mid September.
This is so me, only difference is I played BF3 a bit more but still not much. Skipped every Battlefield four and beyond. Just felt I didn’t get much value out of BF3, sure it was fun for a while but same gameplay over and over. Get in bottleneck and fire everything.
I tried the battle fronts but it just didn’t seem to work, not sure why but for whatever reasons it didn’t capture the star wars feel for me. First one it felt like you were skating on the ground, second one had too many weird things about it

Feb 4, 2009
Battlefield Portal seems cool. Sort of like in game mods, there are items and units from 1942 to 2042. Mix and match as you feel fit, plus change victory conditions.

CropDuster

Jan 2, 2014
Battlefield Portal seems cool. Sort of like in game mods, there are items and units from 1942 to 2042. Mix and match as you feel fit, plus change victory conditions.

Quite the departure from the last decade's this how you'll play the game and you'll like it lack of options.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rebello PC Games 0

ASK THE COMMUNITY