Battlefield 4 Demo Ran on AMD Radeon HD 7990 'Malta' Video Card

csbin

Feb 4, 2013
http://www.legitreviews.com/news/15327/

AMD announced this morning that last nights demonstration of Battlefield 4 was powered by the AMD Radeon HD 7990 'Malta' video card! AMD also goes on to say that the AMD Radeon HD 7990 is the worlds fastest video card, which might get some people over at NVIDIA upset as the card isn't for sale just yet!
Based on this news we can assume safely that Battlefield 4 will be an AMD game title! This is bad news for NVIDIA GeForce fans, but good news for AMD Radeon fans. Will this mean that Battlefield will soon be part of an AMD gaming bundle later this year? Only time will tell, but it looks good right now!

u8iXtHl.jpg

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
AMD also goes on to say that the AMD Radeon HD 7990 is the worlds fastest video card, which might get some people over at NVIDIA upset as the card isn't for sale just yet!

Fastest dual-GPU card, of course. Hopefully it'll push Nvidia into producing something drastically better for next generation, driving AMD to output something better, and we can finally get away from this 10-15% upgrade creep.

Still, dual 7970s on a single board... damn.

Last edited:

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Only way to beat Titan while HD 8000 (or HD 9000) is being cooked

The problem is that it really isn't beating the Titan... the Titan sells itself on being single GPU. Even the older 690 outruns the Titan, and so did the 3rd party '7990s'.

Sticking two 7970s on a single board is impressive, but it's nothing too new. The ASUS Ares has been out for a while, and Powercolor had their own 7990 too.

MeldarthX

Golden Member
May 8, 2010
Only way to beat Titan while HD 8000 (or HD 9000) is being cooked

Not exactly I mean Titan sometimes only ties with the 7970 GE - if AMD was hell bent on beating it - they could superbake a new 7970 GE which in theory tie and beat Titan...

Or finish Malta - which has been on the books for while now - shall be interesting to see the numbers coming from it..

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
The problem is that it really isn't beating the Titan... the Titan sells itself on being single GPU. Even the older 690 outruns the Titan, and so did the 3rd party '7990s'.

Sticking two 7970s on a single board is impressive, but it's nothing too new. The ASUS Ares has been out for a while, and Powercolor had their own 7990 too.

Whether it's impressive or not depends on the execution. If it's no better than the current dual Tahiti card(s), then I agree with you. One can only hope for some special sauce, though.

Another possibility is better price point. Suppose they bring us a more refined card (quieter, cooler) and it's say, $799?

EDIT: Of course they'll need to eliminate stutter or it's just an exercise in marketing.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
I am betting AMD will clock the 8970 to match a Titan which will throw Nvidia's whole 7xx lineup askew. That is my prediction though so don't quote me and flame me.

Ibra

Oct 17, 2012
Based on this news we can assume safely that Battlefield 4 will be an AMD game title! This is bad news for NVIDIA GeForce fans, but good news for AMD Radeon fans. Will this mean that Battlefield will soon be part of an AMD gaming bundle later this year? Only time will tell, but it looks good right now!

So new Modern Warfare will break record one again.

Why? "Glorious" Gaming Evolved takes all games only to one gamers audience (AMD). Not getting enough money from Nvidia audience. Less money = "harakiri".

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529968
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/03/square-enix-president-resigns/

MeldarthX

Golden Member
May 8, 2010
AMD's lunatics striking. :p

WTF does your last post and this post have anything to do with the topic?

Seriously; trolling got to stop -

back to topic - we know 7990 is running.....we need to see what the numbers are now

lagokc

Mar 27, 2013
Cue nVidia announcing a single board dual Titan...

*recommended power supply: over 9000W

Will Robinson

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2009
Seeing this one will be a full "Factory"effort it may have a little more oomph
than the AIB 7990s floating around.
If they clock it up it may turn out to be very fast.:p

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
The card could have potential if launched after the memory rewrite with better crossfire scaling support.

I'm not sure why people whine about the release time of such a product. I think it's best AMD decided to wait it out.

In the end it's gonna be the price point of the card that makes or breaks it. Gotta kill the $999 BS and I see this card as the possible weapon to do so....If it's up to snuff and comes in at $799-$850 I see it as doing very well in the niche market it's gonna be after. Guess the price will be determined by the amount of performance it brings to the table.

Does look to be the eyefinity edition style of card tho so who knows on the pricing.

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
If it's under $800 and doesn't have CF issues, then I'm game for one. Planning for a mITX box in a few months... imagine a shoebox with a 7990 in it.