Battlefield 3 CONFIRMED!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
I predict:

- air will be godly
- helicopters will take direct hits from tanks and then kill you
- aa missiles will have 2/3 the range of the jets
- dolphin divers will float through the air pwning people
- I'll play it

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: Markbnj
I predict:

- air will be godly
- I'll play it

:laugh: :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm afraid I'm in the same boat. :\ I loved BF2, and BF3 is a dream, although one I would have preferred last year, not in 1 year.

That said, the Frostbite engine is looking quite spiffy, and I'm glad they've retooled their engine kit to accommodate more factors, like the built in from ground-up destructible environments, that is definitely a plus. Finally, a tank can plow into a tree without being stumped, while tank shells can demolish trees, and jeeps can plow through fences. I get excited thinking about it. :eek:

Also, ideally there're going to be new weapons I imagine.

Bad Company 2 looks great, this can only be better.

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
Originally posted by: Markbnj
I predict:

- air will be godly
- I'll play it

so sad how every one applies, and yet it's still a fun game.

i just turned to playing maps that didnt have jets.

24/7 mashtuur, here i come!

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
Originally posted by: TehMac
I hope the gatling gun on the Blackhawk is worth a damn in BF3

well, also, the only ground mounted anything worth a damn were the tow missiles. i remember taking out an attack chopper on sharqi with a tow missile. but since it's probably gonna use destructible environments, those arent gonna be worth anything now either.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Fayd

well, also, the only ground mounted anything worth a damn were the tow missiles. i remember taking out an attack chopper on sharqi with a tow missile. but since it's probably gonna use destructible environments, those arent gonna be worth anything now either.

AA guns are easy to take down choppers with.

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
Originally posted by: zerocool84

AA guns are easy to take down choppers with.

it wasnt an AA emplacement. it was the tow missile at the top of the hill meant for taking out advancing tanks. the chopper pilot was dumb enough to fly low enough that i could hit it.

improvisation makes the game fun. i've taken out 6 man squads in choppers with C4, and multiple times with a sniper rifle.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006

If anything, think of the possibilities. ;)

That's what I love about battlefield, it's not a military simulator--it's everything. One moment you can be in a squad with some buddies being all macho commandos, the next moment you can say, "fuck it" and plant some C4 on a jeep and watch the fireworks.

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
we all know it's gonna take several patches until the game is reasonably playable.

the pressure is on dice to produce after the masses have defected from COD MW.

Oct 30, 2004
Will a BF3 allow for the creation of custom maps and auto-downloading of them for online multiplayer? Will this game be destroyed by heavy consolization or becoming a console port?

mwmorph

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2004
Can someone tell me the difference between BF3 and BF:BC2? From what I can tell they're both team oriented, modern warfare multiplayer shooters.

Is it just the setting? Will it be just like a re-skin like BF 2142 was of BF2?

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
BC2 is a follow-up to a console only title, kinda like COD4 with vehicles. PC is just getting a taste of it this time around. but at its core, it's a console game, smaller maps, smaller player capacity than traditional PC BF games.

BF3 is supposed to be the successor to BF2, and should follow the tradition of epic sandbox war games we've seen.

it's sorta like comparing 1942 and 1943.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Will a BF3 allow for the creation of custom maps and auto-downloading of them for online multiplayer? Will this game be destroyed by heavy consolization or becoming a console port?

DICE has already come out and said they support the PC gamer community during the MW2 fiasco so I would imagine this is a guarantee

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Awesome. I don't know how many fun hours I've had playing Battlefield 2.