Battlefield 3: Bugs Galore

Status
Not open for further replies.

12andy

Jan 20, 2011
Anyone else experiencing consistent BF3.exe crashes and whatnot?

Tried the following (per Google results), to no avail:
- running 11.10v3 Cats, with Cap 4 profiles
- downclocking my 6850 cores by a bit
- setting textures from ultra, down to high
- running an Origin repair which downloaded a 40MB or so file, but semi-broke the game in itself (heh)

Also having issues trying to bind joystick Y-axis UP for in-vehicle acceleration (Logitech Wingman Strike Force 3D). It seems like certain controls are permanently bound (ie. mouse wheel down scrolls through weapons, despite futile attempts at reassigning it).

The game being so damn gorgeous (and sounding so nice) is currently its saving grace, after having to play through save points repeatedly due to the crashing.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2200858

Anandtech Moderator
KeithTalent

Very puzzling however, how DICE can muster such an engine, but overlook simple things such as key-binding. Quite certain that EA played a part in that, but still... bit disgraceful, if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:

12andy

Jan 20, 2011
Am I right in assuming that you have your mouse wheel bound to specific tasks, rather than scrolling through weapons? Using a joystick as well, for the vehicles?

NaOH

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
I've been okay, a few crashes while loading but nothing to bat an eye at.vik overclocked too. Put in 8 hours already

12andy

Jan 20, 2011
I've updated PB for the hell of it, although I fail to see how it would affect campaign mode playability.

Have an Xbox 360 wireless that I can use in lieu of the joystick, worst case scenario. So much lost precision/ realism though, it'd be a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.