Battlefield 3 - 2 pcs and 1 router

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
I wasn't sure if this should go here or in Computer Help, but I'll try here first. Like the title says, I have 2 copies of BF3, one on my pc and one on my kid's pc. We have separate Origin accounts. If one of us join a match and then the other tries to join, it kicks the first one out and lets the 2nd one play. Oddly, we can sometimes join an empty server just the two of us and it allows us in.

I'm at work now so I can't remember all the stuff we have tried via google searching the issue, but I think some was turning off network discovery and disabling upnp.

My router is the old sturdy Linksys WRT54g.

I'm open to all ideas, thanks in advance.

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
If I had to guess I'd say the admin of the server has configured the server to not allow connections from the same IP address, because you're behind the same IP it's a safe assumption your PCs are in close proximity and are capable of screen watching each other in order to "cheat".

I don't play BF3 but I know this was very common in BFBC2, you'd either get kicked or they'd mod the server so the screen went pitch black when you were in ghost cam mode to stop screen watching.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
If I had to guess I'd say the admin of the server has configured the server to not allow connections from the same IP address, because you're behind the same IP it's a safe assumption your PCs are in close proximity and are capable of screen watching each other in order to "cheat".

I don't play BF3 but I know this was very common in BFBC2, you'd either get kicked or they'd mod the server so the screen went pitch black when you were in ghost cam mode to stop screen watching.
I've played BFBC2 with a friend, under the same router, no problem at all.

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
Thanks for the link, I'll try it out tonight even though I might have already done those things, it looked familiar.

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
I gave it a shot last night and it looked like the upnp wasn't disabled on my kid's pc. Gave it a test and for a quick round and it seemed to work for us. Thanks for the help!