Battlefield 2 Noob

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
play around with your filter settings, lot more than 40 servers.

edit - unchecking everything should give you all that are available

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Quake Wars and Team Fortress 2 recently launched.

Both of them are not EA games buggy pieces of shit.

A lot of people jumped ship in the last 2 weeks.

That aside, your filter settings may be too high, but there are a LOT of empty servers which is pretty much worthless.

MBony

Platinum Member
Sep 16, 2003
Yep, I had the same problem, go to EA.com and get that huge patch (~550MB)

jonmcc33

Banned
Feb 24, 2002
Originally posted by: Acanthus

That aside, your filter settings may be too high, but there are a LOT of empty servers which is pretty much worthless.

Wrong on every account. Quake Wars will hardly draw anyone away from BF2. He just has his filter settings messed up, that's all.

http://i22.tinypic.com/2dkk0ma.jpg

That's 579 ranked servers with my filter settings of "populated" and "not full". Pretty wide variety to choose from.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: jonmcc33

Wrong on every account. Quake Wars will hardly draw anyone away from BF2. He just has his filter settings messed up, that's all.

That's 579 ranked servers with my filter settings of "populated" and "not full". Pretty wide variety to choose from.

Nice pings on that browser.

Go hop in a plane and get 4700 kills fanboi ;) both games demolish BF2.

dudeman007

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2004

Hardly. There's still 600 servers running for battlefield 1942 let alone BF2. It's still the 4th most popular online game right now. BF2 won't see 40 servers for a while.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: dudeman007

Hardly. There's still 600 servers running for battlefield 1942 let alone BF2. It's still the 4th most popular online game right now. BF2 won't see 40 servers for a while.

Unless of course you want to play more than 3 maps.

jonmcc33

Banned
Feb 24, 2002

Nice pings on that browser.

Go hop in a plane and get 4700 kills fanboi ;) both games demolish BF2.

Get proven wrong and you tell me to "hop on a plane" and call me a "fanboi"? The sci-fi FPS has been as overdone as the WWII FPS. Heck, BF2142 is better than Quake Wars.

jonmcc33

Banned
Feb 24, 2002

Between BF2, the booster packs and the Special Forces expansion there are quite a bit more than 3 maps. Oh wait, you're confusing BF2 with Quake Wars.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org

Between BF2, the booster packs and the Special Forces expansion there are quite a bit more than 3 maps. Oh wait, you're confusing BF2 with Quake Wars.

Most servers only run 3 maps, you know which 3 if you play the game a lot.

I played BF2 until the launch of these 2, clearly better... games.

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001

So now you turn your back on a game that sounds like you played alot? Thats fine to think the other games are better but you don't have to be a dick to the folks who still like it....

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: JBT

So now you turn your back on a game that sounds like you played alot? Thats fine to think the other games are better but you don't have to be a dick to the folks who still like it....

I turned my back on the game because after 2 years they still havent patched it to acceptable playability.

The hitboxes still go crazy whenever anyone jumps, crouches, or goes prone. Aircraft still completely dominate the battlefield. (hence why a lot of servers are now no vehicles or simply dont run maps with jets). The server browser works unless you actually care about lag (youd think EA could make a working ping meter by now). Artillery hitting the roof of the tv center in sharqi and killing people on the stairs and the ground level.

That kind of bullshit making it from the alpha quality launch up through all of the patches that get us to where we are today is why i:

1.) never bought the expansions
2.) jumped ship as soon as a game that wasnt coded by retarded monkeys was launched

Its a great concept, and anyone can execute better than EA.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
BF2 Special Forces FTW!!!

edit - BF2 got me to play computer games again after 15 years. Got me into TWL and CAL. Too bad the mods came out so late and there were so few good ranked maps. Still best game I've played.