Battlefield 2:Beta Game??

jelkukipik

Feb 9, 2005
Do you guys agree?I mean c'mon there is soo much thing that seem that were left out for the final version.

1)Horrible server brower.Cannot add favorite.Settings doesnt save.And with patch 1.01, i cannot choose anymore 64 player games only ( for filters )..numerous bugs there.

2)Conquest mode.Why on earth its the only mode available to choose.Were other modes of gameplay planned?, but got push away for the final release?Look like yeah.

3)Numerous clipping bug.It happen offen when i shoot a guy that is standing on a jeep on the gun.I can empty a clipper sometime and i just dont hit him.I dont see the little hit star.

4)Oh yeah, numerous crash, lock up .

5)The squad team speaking ability is very cool.But why we cannot speak all the team together?Is there something i am missing???

6)Weapons damage are wayyyy off.Cmon i dont think i need 15 bullets to kill someone jessshh.

7)The jump button.Why???We constantly see bunny jumping all over the place.Very realistic...yeah right.Oh and add to that those quake wannabe grenade launcher user....

8)Commander mode.A cool mode yeah.But sometime it become very annoying.Impossible to start a game without commander? Nope.Impossible.

9)Ok this is only single player stuff, but cmon.Things were left out for the release here.Only 10 maps for single player.Only 16 player maps...

10)Id love to get shot, when im hiding thew a 2 feet brick wall....

11)Ha ha the US forums are down...impossible to find on their website...surprising no? :D

Ok sick already.Feel free to share your bad experience.

Me imo, there is just one thing in my mind....never purchase EA crap again on the first weeks of release!!!!Its a shame to see the BIGGEST videogame compagny screw up like this....

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
Yes the game pretty much sucks right now. I bought it at launch but have only played maybe 5 hours because of all the bugs, crash, lock up issues. Hopefully after a few more patches it'll be playable.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
thank god not everyone can talk at once. I don't want 31 other idiots on my team all telling me how much the pwned some guy. it does lock up on me every couple hours which no game in recent memory has done.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
btw EA is advising if you installed the game and have been applying the patches, to uninstall the game and reinstall it with the one unified patch they have. There were some MAJOR bugs in the patches they released which have been fixed and will probably help a lot of you SOBs.

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
Sometimes its a flawed P.O.S. and at other times it is perfect. I don't get it.

They really need to fix the stat servers lagging.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Spg
Sounds like BF1942 when it first came out... :)

Agreed, That is why I haven't bothered to pick it up. I remember BF1942 had some rather major bugs also, like being able to hop into a blown up tank or jeep and drive off with it, and things just randomly exploding for no reason.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Its EA, what do you expect? They develop games up to the point that they are saleable, and no more. Its a good game, dont get me wrong, but its good despite the fact that it has NO polish whatsoever. There quite simply is no other game like it at the moment, and theres more than enough good about it that the bad can be ignored.

But it really shouldnt take that many damn shots to kill someone. And the support gun is practically useless its so inaccurate even in bursts at prone. And aside from the very rare occurance, the mics are useless, cause no one else has one. I do like the fact that you can only talk to your squad....I can honestly say some of the most fun Ive ever had playing a game was when everyone in my random squad had a mic...it was awesome. I wish there was a way to filter out non-mic having people from a squad.

But sadly, the biggest bug in the game is the stupid people who play it. People who punish the com for dropping arty on their head when theres a one minute notice in the form of a giant red marker. People who camp the planes. And people who still havent figured out how to join a fvcking squad, which unfortunately, is about 50%.

jelkukipik

Feb 9, 2005
Originally posted by: BD2003
Its EA, what do you expect? They develop games up to the point that they are saleable, and no more. Its a good game, dont get me wrong, but its good despite the fact that it has NO polish whatsoever. There quite simply is no other game like it at the moment, and theres more than enough good about it that the bad can be ignored.

But it really shouldnt take that many damn shots to kill someone. And the support gun is practically useless its so inaccurate even in bursts at prone. And aside from the very rare occurance, the mics are useless, cause no one else has one. I do like the fact that you can only talk to your squad....I can honestly say some of the most fun Ive ever had playing a game was when everyone in my random squad had a mic...it was awesome. I wish there was a way to filter out non-mic having people from a squad.

But sadly, the biggest bug in the game is the stupid people who play it. People who punish the com for dropping arty on their head when theres a one minute notice in the form of a giant red marker. People who camp the planes. And people who still havent figured out how to join a fvcking squad, which unfortunately, is about 50%.

:cheers;!

Beer

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
I played CS for like 5 years, but never got into BF1942.. at all. It looks fricken awesome though. Im wondering if I could play it nicely on my rig though....

1.7ghz P4
Radeon 9800 pro
512mb RD ram (not going to upgrade ram since its RD)

Whatcha think?

intogamer

Lifer
Dec 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
I played CS for like 5 years, but never got into BF1942.. at all. It looks fricken awesome though. Im wondering if I could play it nicely on my rig though....

1.7ghz P4
Radeon 9800 pro

Whatcha think?

p4 what?
9800 pro could stay
maybe a mobo upgrade and ram

1942 ran normal smoothly
check out my crappy rig...its on a 5200(plays CS:S)

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Originally posted by: intogamer
Originally posted by: Cuda1447

1.7ghz P4
Radeon 9800 pro

Whatcha think?

p4 what?
9800 pro could stay
maybe a mobo upgrade and ram

1942 ran normal smoothly
check out my crappy rig...its on a 5200(plays CS:S)

Yea, you've got a gig of ram... that helps. The ram is really what Im worried about. Ive been wanting to upgrade, but it'll cost me a couple hundred to do that and I can't really afford that right now.