Battlefield 1942 LAN - So.Cal - This weekend!!!

TheLizardMan

Aug 29, 2000
On a LAN battlefield 1942 plays SOOOOO much better. A lot of the bugs are a result to lag and on LAN there is zero lag.

Normally the LAN that I belong to plays Q3. But with the release of Battlefield 1942 it looks like we will be playing a lot of this game this coming weekend.

If you interested in the LAN we are located in Torrance California, aprox. 15 mins south of Los Angles.

email me at kfc@colonel-sanders.com if you want to game with us this week, or go to our website at http://www.netzwerk-terror.com

the cost for the lan is $10 because we rent out a nice room next to a computer shop that has full utilites with ac. Our max capacity is 24 people and from the looks of it we expect to reach the 24 ppl limit. SO SIGN UP NOW IF YOU WANT TO COME! :)

See you this weekend!!

22751 Hawthorne Blvd
Torrance, CA
90505-3613, US

Mapquest Link

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
i dont have $50 to shell out for a game and i dont have $5 for gas to torrance!

why can't you live near arcadia or something :)?

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
I SOOOO would be there in a heartbeat................................. if I didn't live in Ohio. :(

I'M in love with this game

LordUnum

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001
Cool! I went to about 12 in a row (weekend after weekend after weekend, etc.) of these [NT] LAN parties a couple years ago... yup, back when they were held in the tiny kitchen/living room/bedroom of Deuce's apartment in Redondo. Had to beware of using the microwave then, as the thing sucked the precious juice from the rigs. The crowded place was hot, too. After all, 16 gamers + 16 mega-rigs + small room - A/C = Miami. But it was mega-fun anyway. :p

I even took Cincron on his first trip there. The dude's been a regular since, and I've always been looking for an excuse to get back to the LAN to meet all the fellas again. I know the roster of gamers has changed a bit since probably, but it'd still be great.

I'm about 20 minutes east of Torrance, just off the 91. I'll try to see if I can fit this in for Sat., as, if anything, it'd be great to try this new game... and to see how Deuce & Mimi have aged as a cute couple. They do still organize the LAN, don't they?

Thanks for letting us know. :)

fatbaby, you're in Arcadia? Would a drive down to Bellflower (down the 210/605, towards the 91) be more convenient? Lemme know...

TheLizardMan

Aug 29, 2000
LOL who are you? I guess you started to game before me. But I was gaming at deuces place for the last year+ before they moved.

btw A LOT has changed since you left. A LOT.

for one... deuce broke up with mimi.

Originally posted by: LordUnum
Cool! I went to about 12 in a row (weekend after weekend after weekend, etc.) of these [NT] LAN parties a couple years ago... yup, back when they were held in the tiny kitchen/living room/bedroom of Deuce's apartment in Redondo. Had to beware of using the microwave then, as the thing sucked the precious juice from the rigs. The crowded place was hot, too. After all, 16 gamers + 16 mega-rigs + small room - A/C = Miami. But it was mega-fun anyway. :p

I even took Cincron on his first trip there. The dude's been a regular since, and I've always been looking for an excuse to get back to the LAN to meet all the fellas again. I know the roster of gamers has changed a bit since probably, but it'd still be great.

I'm about 20 minutes east of Torrance, just off the 91. I'll try to see if I can fit this in for Sat., as, if anything, it'd be great to try this new game... and to see how Deuce & Mimi have aged as a cute couple. They do still organize the LAN, don't they?

Thanks for letting us know. :)

fatbaby, you're in Arcadia? Would a drive down to Bellflower (down the 210/605, towards the 91) be more convenient? Lemme know...

vash

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2001
LOL, the ol' NT gaming parties. I attended about two times in a row, that was the heydey of Quake2 CTF and Action Quake2, JUST when the Q3test was released. The first time I come, I set some new high scores against the current champion in Q2CTF, then they reset the scores immediately after I break two of 'em. Then, the next time I show, I bring my brother and we basically work the CTF like mad. He caps like nuts, flying and rocketing with breeze, I am camping like a madman and they don't even come close.

Then there was when we were playing DM in q3test, I was down by 6, with only one to go for the cap (Deuce's g/f) and I cap her to bring back my score to the top. Ah, the good ol' days. Too bad they stuck on Q2CTF and Q3A (at the time), I moved onto CS beta3.

vash

LordUnum

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: TheLizardMan
LOL who are you? I guess you started to game before me. But I was gaming at deuces place for the last year+ before they moved.

btw A LOT has changed since you left. A LOT.

for one... deuce broke up with mimi.
NOOOOO!!! There is... no... God! ( <--- and that's coming from a Catholic!) :Q :( :Q :( :Q

(j/k) :p

Seriously, I certainly couldn't have seen that coming last time I was there. Having had known them for awhile, that's a real bummer to hear.

On a lighter note, I was on NT's own homepage (the old one, under 'Gamers') as [nd]LordUnum---[nd] being a local, long-defunct Q2 RA2 clan. Mimi had taken my pic at LAN, when I still wore specs. Damn, I got my contacts three years ago... it has been awhile!

I have fond memories of the NT LANs, perhaps the greatest being when I installed my new Banshee card (replaced a ViRGE) at a LAN four years ago. I saw colored lighting in Q2 for the first time... and boy was it PURTY! :)

According to the pics on the new homepage, it appears Conman and Overkill are still regulars. I hope to see you all there, even if most faces wouldn't recognize me. ;)

LordUnum

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: vash
LOL, the ol' NT gaming parties. I attended about two times in a row, that was the heydey of Quake2 CTF and Action Quake2, JUST when the Q3test was released. The first time I come, I set some new high scores against the current champion in Q2CTF, then they reset the scores immediately after I break two of 'em. Then, the next time I show, I bring my brother and we basically work the CTF like mad. He caps like nuts, flying and rocketing with breeze, I am camping like a madman and they don't even come close.

Then there was when we were playing DM in q3test, I was down by 6, with only one to go for the cap (Deuce's g/f) and I cap her to bring back my score to the top. Ah, the good ol' days. Too bad they stuck on Q2CTF and Q3A (at the time), I moved onto CS beta3.

vash

Ah, yes, the infamous Airport, and City Action Quake maps now appear vividly in my mind. :)

I quit going well before Q3's debut as well. You also remind me: THEY WERE COMPLETE AND UTTER Q2CTF & ACTION Q2 NUTS! Not that that's bad... :p :D

A few of us [nd] clan members who went tried to wean'em onto Q2 RA2---to no avail. Hehe, but I had a blast even in CTF. The atmosphere and the fun dudes just made for a wicked cool time.