Battlefield 1 released!

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
PSN is fixed and the PC Certificate issue with AWS is fixed as well.

600k+ now, will it hit 800k+?

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Ugh, I'm considering buying this but don't want to deal with this "Origin" thing to buy it. The physical copies I can find online say they're just download code things. Just put it on Steam!

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Ugh, I'm considering buying this but don't want to deal with this "Origin" thing to buy it. The physical copies I can find online say they're just download code things. Just put it on Steam!
I own like 3 origin games including this one and haven't had any origin issues. Other than pressing shift f1 to answer a message in origin which is kind of buggy but I don't use that feature much.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
I loved Origin up until this last big update, now its a bit wonky.....but still better than steam.

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
Game looks and runs flawlessly at 4k on ultra, pretty damn impressive. I'll probably have to drop those settings if I want to compete in multiplayer since I'm sure this is like every other BF game where the mouth-breathers playing on all Low settings have a big advantage in MP with seeing/acquiring targets.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Game looks and runs flawlessly at 4k on ultra, pretty damn impressive. I'll probably have to drop those settings if I want to compete in multiplayer since I'm sure this is like every other BF game where the mouth-breathers playing on all Low settings have a big advantage in MP with seeing/acquiring targets.

Not running 4K, but running at 3440x1440 and was at Ultra. Forget which map, but once there was a lot of fire and people running around I dropped to what I would call unplayable frames. I put everything on High and it was fine. 2500 and 1070 here. You are right, the game does look good. Very very good I think.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
The rain and fog on ultra put the biggest hit on my trusty old 2500K @4.4Ghz. I think it may be time to start shopping around for a new cpu. Sandy Bridge sure has been good to me, hate to see her go. :(

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Are you prime member? They original ship was listed as monday delivery, but then was changed to special delivery (according to UPS tracking). just got it delivered a couple of hours ago.
Yea, I got it Friday afternoon, like I was supposed to. Download took less than 1.5 hours. Guess EA increased their capacity. Played a few hours last night. I had a bug in which I couldn't properly use vehicles. The fix I saw online was to alt-tab out. While I was messing with settings somehow it started working again. We'll see if the issue is back today.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Yea, I got it Friday afternoon, like I was supposed to. Download took less than 1.5 hours. Guess EA increased their capacity. Played a few hours last night. I had a bug in which I couldn't properly use vehicles. The fix I saw online was to alt-tab out. While I was messing with settings somehow it started working again. We'll see if the issue is back today.
That happened to my son too, he had several chat windows open in Origin and after he alt tabbed out and closed them, it fixed it. No problems since.

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007

That happened to my son too, he had several chat windows open in Origin and after he alt tabbed out and closed them, it fixed it. No problems since.

The issue is a conflict between the Origin In Game Overlay keyhook and the Vehicle Switch Hotkey. If you don't open the Origin Overlay, you will not see the issue. If you do use the Origin overlay a lot, then alt-tabbing is the only method to fix it. If you are fine with not having the Origin In Game Overlay available, then disable it until a patch is out.

BF1 is now over 700k+ users.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
How do you enable hardcore mode or real life mode like I've seen while searching on Google. I don't see any options for it.

CropDuster

Jan 2, 2014
How do you enable hardcore mode or real life mode like I've seen while searching on Google. I don't see any options for it.

I think it's being added in at a later time. It's annoying putting 2-3 8mm shots into a dude and then him just mowing you down with a MP18...

I was critical of the beta, and mostly I think it's I just didn't care for the Sinai map. This is probably the closest thing gameplay wise to BF42/2. I do wish they'd tone the running speed down some, character movement is pretty spastic.

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
The rain and fog on ultra put the biggest hit on my trusty old 2500K @4.4Ghz. I think it may be time to start shopping around for a new cpu. Sandy Bridge sure has been good to me, hate to see her go. :(

Works fine here.

What is your minimum fps and what resolution please ?

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
Not running 4K, but running at 3440x1440 and was at Ultra. Forget which map, but once there was a lot of fire and people running around I dropped to what I would call unplayable frames. I put everything on High and it was fine. 2500 and 1070 here. You are right, the game does look good. Very very good I think.

Works fine here.

What is your minimum fps and what resolution please ?

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003

That will never happen, so just go ahead and install Origin if you want to play Battlefield.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
ok, wtf is going on? Multiple times in the last game I would shoot at someone who was very close but none of my shots registered a hit. I know my bullets hit them but i never got the hit marker and ended up dying when i probably would have won had they registered.

I also seem to lots of problem with hitting a button to something and nothing happens or does something else. have had multiple instances where I went to shoot and my gun wouldn't fire, or I wanted to do a bayonet charge and my character just meleed.

Also medics are OP! I die to more medics than anything else it seems. I tried playing as a medic and I did pretty good, so they must be OP! I really like their guns.

I have been more support focused as my friend who I play war thunder with said he likes to play medic. The support guns just seem super weak. granted I only have the starting lewis gun and the mercer storm one at the moment. I think the 1911 pistol does more damage.

I'm not really a fan of the assault class, and the sniper can be fun, but feel like i'm not doing anything to help the team when I play one.

Oh, is the website missing some of the items to buy/unlock? Like how do i get the ammo chest as an option? I don't see it (or the HE mortar for that matter).

What do other support guys usually take for loadouts?

I've been running with the repair tool but doesn't seem very useful. The mortars seemed more useful but not by much. I guess I'd rather have the ammo crate and the ammo pouches?

Last edited: