Battle of Baghdad Tonite ?....Small Arms Fire heard in City

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
I wonder who is shooting who in there already ?

.....There was growing speculation today that Saddam Hussein's regime may be on the brink of capitulation after another night of explosions in Baghdad - observers reported hearing "considerable" small arms fire near the centre of the city last night......

Toasthead

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Its probably just the iraqi soldiers doing a little more 'recruiting' for the battle ahead.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Toasthead
Its probably just the iraqi soldiers doing a little more 'recruiting' for the battle ahead.

or making sure enough civilians died from the "bombing" ;)

wouldn't suprise me about special forces, they have been in and out of Baghdad since the start.
Hopefully it is Iraqi citizens fighting back against the regime, but I doubt that. The fear still holds tremendous control for most of the citizens, even in areas controlled by coalition forces, and will until it is certain he is dead and the regime gone.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I've read reports that Special Ops have been hitting Command centers and taking out Baath Party Leaders inside Baghdad. It could be them.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I've read reports that Special Ops have been hitting Command centers and taking out Baath Party Leaders inside Baghdad. It could be them.

After the Jessica Lynch operation, this is highly likely.

In fact, the first bombing in Baghdad 12 or so days ago had to be keyed up by someone inside the city. Makes you wonder how long our boys have been infiltrating the city and regime.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7

Wow you will take any suggestion from the Pentagon-driven media that "the regime" is killing civilians instead of the known-to-be-inaccurate american missiles, and then you will exaggerate it to the extreme and believe it with such fortitude? Amazing.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Originally posted by: lozina
Originally posted by: Alistar7

Wow you will take any suggestion from the Pentagon-driven media that "the regime" is killing civilians instead of the known-to-be-inaccurate american missiles, and then you will exaggerate it to the extreme and believe it with such fortitude? Amazing.

You work with Benedict Arnett don't you ?