Batman arkham city, not working?

computerbuildin

Nov 23, 2011
not sure if this is the right place to post it. Anyway, this is confusing, there is absolutely nothing wrong with anything in my computer, you may think it would be the graphics card, but its not. it can run other games amazing and WoW at 60 fps. my processor is fine so is everything else. This game also has been running fine for a while, then right in the middle of a game it just stops working, I had to close it with task manager. So I try it again, this time its even worse, the intro where you press start just to get to the title screen, is laggy as hell, like 1-2 fps, sometimes just freezes. so obviously its not gonna work. then some other times it will not even come up at all, just a black screen with batman music for the title screen. I opened up task manager, wasnt even in there, I had to go to processes and close it. Now im trying it, it just does the 1-2 fps thing. Its the game, because before it gets to the intro, it has highly graphical intros for the companies who made it, etc running at like the highest fps perfectly, if you have this game on the pc you know what im talking about. then it gets into the batman intro screen and craps out. no idea. something I do notice though, my 4th core usage flys up to 95-100% while the others are just idle'ing around 0-3%, it has a thing with the 4th core apparently, I noticed this when it was working perfectly fine too. Could it be a program or something screwing it up? by the way im using this through steam. EDIT: The random 95-100% usage thing I notice while the game is trying to boot up, by the time I get into the game its still alot higher than the others, but the others start going up.

tl;dr version: My batman randomly stopped working, dafuq? (you would have the read what I typed to understand it)

Last edited:

s1njin

Apr 11, 2011
My build is similar to yours. I haven't even fired up the install routine for Batman: AC yet. Still hoping for a nVidia driver update that addresses some of this, a patch from RockSteady, or both.

computerbuildin

Nov 23, 2011
Im not sure how to edit my video settings, it was something when I first setup batman, but now I have no idea how to get to it, even when it was working I looked for it everywhere but couldnt find it, ill try to look on it, also my cpu is nowheres near overheating, it sits at around 40c playing batman. and if by throttling like you mean constant 0-100% 0-100% something like that? no.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Im not sure how to edit my video settings, it was something when I first setup batman, but now I have no idea how to get to it, even when it was working I looked for it everywhere but couldnt find it, ill try to look on it, also my cpu is nowheres near overheating, it sits at around 40c playing batman. and if by throttling like you mean constant 0-100% 0-100% something like that? no.

I can't look it up since I'm at work right now, but you have to right click on the icon and click on launcher or something to change the video setting. You can also go to the folder that the game was installed in, and open the launcher from there.

smartyn13r

Aug 7, 2012
i was playing Batman Arkman City as usual but i got stuck when the demon trail was complete
i researched abt it then found that this was a know issue
so installed the patch
but after that the game never started
i also install the latest version ...........Revenge..........
but still its not working

i checked the task manager
BatmanAC.exe uses 50% CPU and memory gets stuck at 20000KB

this happened only after installing the patches

dont know what to do next
urgent help needed