Batman Arkham Asylum Gameplay won't continue?

Larcher

Jan 19, 2005
I am playing and am at 33% in and I beat the double Titan part and after that nothing happens and when I watch a walk through video for it after I beat those two the mission completes automatically and then the next objective starts, mine just stays stuck on the objective that I saw finish auto on the walk through video, why is it doing this as I have spent so much time and hard effort to get this far and I don't want to have to start over again, any ideas what's wrong or how to fix it. Thanks so much in advance.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Sorry, I didn't have any problems with B:AA of this sort so I can't advise particularly helpfully. Perhaps it's a save game bug? Try reverting to an older save game and see whether it'll play through from there.

Do you just get a blank screen forever, or does it dump you on the Windows desktop or what?

Larcher

Jan 19, 2005
Sorry, I didn't have any problems with B:AA of this sort so I can't advise particularly helpfully. Perhaps it's a save game bug? Try reverting to an older save game and see whether it'll play through from there.

Do you just get a blank screen forever, or does it dump you on the Windows desktop or what?

I don't think I have any old saved games as I think it overwrites them at every checkpoint. What it does which is really weird is I beat the last part of the objective and it just never updates to the next objective so it still says to complete the objective that I already finished and I can walk around in the game but have no way of moving forward to the next objective like it does automatically in the walk through video I watched on you tube, so I know I'm not missing any steps from the you tube video.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
You wouldn't have happened to have pirated the game would you? I know there was some parts that pirates couldn't pass (some flying part) but that was eventually circumvented. Perhaps another patch has the same effect?

Larcher

Jan 19, 2005
You wouldn't have happened to have pirated the game would you? I know there was some parts that pirates couldn't pass (some flying part) but that was eventually circumvented. Perhaps another patch has the same effect?

Thanks for responding. No I did not pirate the game I bought it on Steam for $6.80 but I was using a trainer with it so I don't know if that can cause any weird problems with it.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Trainers work by manipulating the memory, so that could be causing a problem. Try getting past that part without one running, then reenable if you get past it.

Larcher

Jan 19, 2005
Trainers work by manipulating the memory, so that could be causing a problem. Try getting past that part without one running, then reenable if you get past it.

I started over and played it without the trainer and it completed the Mission/objective like it's suppose to so it was the trainer that broke the game as you suggested and I think I will just play it without the trainer as I don't want to risk it breaking it again. Thanks again for your input.