Basically, games are sudoku with art in the background

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
That's what it's all about. A game is

1. a game engine which has you exploiting patterns of some sort

set against

2. art assets and architecture drawn up by artists using a 3d CAD program.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
0/10

Try being a little more subtle next time when you bait people, maybe something like:

"I really like the real-money auction house in Diablo 3"
-or-
"I think Saint's Row 3 should be used to teach family values"

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Then it could be something like:

"I think the RMAH in Diablo 3 supports slavery in China"
-or-
"RMAH breaks Diablo 3 for everyone, no one can have fun now"

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
RMAH is kind of like drug legalization.

How about that?

Edit: That seems too sensible to me, but it might work.

You'll catch the people who really think pot is more dangerous than binge drinking, and think one whiff will have them shooting heroin the next day.

Last edited:

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010

You'll catch the people who really think pot is more dangerous than binge drinking, and think one whiff will have them shooting heroin the next day.

ah, but you see, I'm the kind of guy who challenges CW that drug legalization woudl be good.

RMAH changes the flavor of Diablo in a way that many people don't like.

Drug legalization would do the same in the USA.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012

The only real dangers from pot are:

(A) A drug dealer killing you for bad payments
(B) some psycological addictiveness, that weakens/prevent your resolve to do what you need to do in life (work, family, etc.) as you could get to the point that is what you revolve your life around

HOWEVER, (B) can be brought on by anything one can be addicted to. From Heroin to Food. From Video games to sex. Anything that triggers the reward part of your brain and makes it go "mmm"

And (B) is true or was true for many WoW players. And (A) I wouldn't put it past EA/Blizzard/Microsoft...

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
And (B) is true or was true for many WoW players. And (A) I wouldn't put it past EA/Blizzard/Microsoft...

+1
I am 100% behind this. Let's make WOW illegal because of it's addicting nature. How many lives have been ruined by this virtual CRACK.

Arkadrel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2010
@karmypolitics

lol troll much?

You could say the same about Life, its just exploiting paterns.

*only* exploiting is abit of a weird word choice.
More like there are rules to follow, and if you do your rewarded for it :p

You could call it a minor intellectual challenge that pleases when you do things correctly, some people enjoy small puzzles, some do "research" for a liveing (which is the same just on a bigger scale).

Without playfull minds that challenge themselfs to solve puzzles, the world we live in would be a much diffenrt place.

I believe its a aspect of human nature, to be inquisitive and enjoy these small intellectual challenges.
Be that by playing a PC game, or doing scientific research or just playing Sudoku while on the toilet....
its all the same.

anyways... back on topic, you overexagerate and oversimplify to the point where what your saying is almost nonsense.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
+1
I am 100% behind this. Let's make WOW illegal because of it's addicting nature. How many lives have been ruined by this virtual CRACK.

True story, I lost a year of college because of this. Luckily I turned it all around after seeing that, but my god... I was hit hard by this.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
What is this "@" nonsense.

This isn't twitter.

You sure? It certainly feels like it. Karmypolitics posting a new thread about whatever inane thing pops into his head every half hour?

I'm having a hard time telling the difference.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
You sure? It certainly feels like it. Karmypolitics posting a new thread about whatever inane thing pops into his head every half hour?

I'm having a hard time telling the difference.

Actually what he is doing, is he posts about something, and when he is proven wrong or that he is being foolish with his opinion he takes that anwser and makes an entire new post about it.

Example:

1) He posted about how good TOR was.
2) People posted how its just OK, not good, and that WoW did many things better for whatever reason
3) He posted about how he hated TOR and that wow did things correctly.
4) Someone mentioned that some games in the same genre are like Sudoku in a way that the games may be different, but feel the same
5) He then makes this post.
6) Someone mentions how stupid it is to post about this and that the RMAH is like legalization of drugs
7) He now has posted something about the Legalization of drugs comparing them to the AH.