Baseball Rumor Mill: Yankees trying to get AROD!!!!!!!!!

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
ESPN just said the deal is pretty much done "in principle", there's just a few things to be worked out. Looks like Arod is on his way to NY. What a sad situation

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
HAHAHAH - BYTE ME RED SOX :) THIS IS AWESOME. Sorry for the caps, got too excited. But I bet the red sox GM is having a heart attack somewhere :)

Lyfer

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
If they still had ANdy pedite/THe rocket with AROD, oh man.:)

Led Zeppelin

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2002
Interesting. He wasn't willing to play 2nd base for the Sox, now he's desperate enough to play 3rd for the Yankees.
rolleye.gif

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: saxophonoia
Hmmmm just another reason for me to hate the Yankees.

Does anyone remember reading any righteous indignation when the Red Sox were going after Arod....

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Why take the best SS in baseball and make him play 3B? Did I miss something? Shuffle Jeter's ass over to third. Don't tell me it's Jeter's team (which it is) because big Stein doesn't give a fvck and he's obviously running the show now.

*sigh* Thanks you players union, for killing a trade which would have been good for baseball and allowing one which is terrible for baseball :|

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: sohdahere

Hmmmm just another reason for me to LOVE the Yankees.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool::D:D:D:D:D:D

do you even know what baseball is? or are you one of those morons who proclaims their love for a team only to forget about them two weeks later?

If this trade happens, it will be one of the most damaging deals in baseball. It will set a precedent that small markets can't compete, they can't maintain a good enough roster. Please, the Yankees are destroying ever other team in baseball and pulling the whole thing down the tubes.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: BlinderBomber

do you even know what baseball is? or are you one of those morons who proclaims their love for a team only to forget about them two weeks later?

If this trade happens, it will be one of the most damaging deals in baseball. It will set a precedent that small markets can't compete, they can't maintain a good enough roster. Please, the Yankees are destroying ever other team in baseball and pulling the whole thing down the tubes.

Once again, I ask where was your outrage and concern for the state of Baseball when the Red Sox have been building a super team?

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
Deals like these make me sad I'm such a huge baseball fan. And Oakland A's fan at that.

Regardless, even with A-Rod the Yankees are not as good as a team as they were last year. No world series for the yanks OR the bosox next year.

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
way to go aarone boone...your hapless blunder gives yanks arod. (it's a sad day in mlb)

:D:D:D

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I've been a die hard Yankee fan since I was a fetus, but this deal will be beyond ridiculous.

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: ThePresence
I've been a die hard Yankee fan since I was a fetus, but this deal will be beyond ridiculous.

exactly - i dunno whether to shed tears of sadness...or joy.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Supposedly, Rangers are going to pick up 67 million of 198 million owed to arod. If that's the case - it's a great deal, especially the soriano has been striking out and making mistakes.

SludgeFactory

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Argo
Supposedly, Rangers are going to pick up 67 million of 198 million owed to arod. If that's the case - it's a great deal, especially the soriano has been striking out and making mistakes.
1/3 of the contract?!?!?!

If Texas is willing to give up that much, WTF was Boston asking for? I think they got too greedy in trying to dump Manny off on TX. It's not like the Sox aren't loaded too, they should have worked it out when they had the chance (assuming this Yankee deal goes down).

So, who's going to play 2B in NY now?

Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
Originally posted by: BlinderBomber

Once again, I ask where was your outrage and concern for the state of Baseball when the Red Sox have been building a super team?

You mean the trade that was supposed to involve the exchange of both players with huge salaries?

The Red Sox are part of the problem, too...but not nearly as big as the Yankees now. What they're going is kind of disgusting. Their payroll must be around $220 million now...factor in the luxury tax and they might be actually be effectively paying an average of almost $10 million for each player on the roster!