Barry Bonds, Irony, without Steroids mb 600 HR 600 SB?

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
if you look at his production he went from '96 40 sb, '97 37 sb, '98 28 sb, '99 15 sb.

this is obviously purely conjecture, but it seems to me, without steroids his HR production would have been down but his SB would have been higher.

it is very realistic that he would have had 600+ mb even 650+ HR for his career without Roids and 600+ SB.

which would have made him a player of Willie Mays / Hank Aaron stature. he would have been a first ballot HOFer and he would have been considered one of the greatest ball players of all time.

instead, all he has is 756 HR but no real love from the fans.

talk about bad career choices.

Another Bonds hit 756 HR thread exists. -Anandtech Moderator DrPizza
We're not going to argue that he deserves a different thread for ever stat other than homeruns.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
He holds the greatest title in baseball. I'd say his career choice was pretty good.

Feb 10, 2000
In all fairness he would never have been particularly well-liked - he has always been a total prick to the media, and covered accordingly.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: edro
He holds the greatest title in baseball. I'd say his career choice was pretty good.

he holds it with an asterisk.

w/out roids he would have been universally accepted as one of the top 10 baseball players of all time.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: edro

He essentially purjered himself in court, clearly used steroids even if nobody has a smoking gun yet, is a massive ass, and the only people who still like him are the ones who will go to any lengths to win.

There is not one redeeming trait to BB. I really hope they finally catch him with something, strip him of all records, titles, and shame him into misery. I normally do not wish bad things upon people, but this guy should not be anywhere close to a role model for anybody but the dregs of society.