Barr vs. House Judiciary Cmte.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Somehow it won't be aired on Fox News' recap. It will never reach the ears of the people that need to be confronted with these . . . facts.

I can only hope The Lincoln Project puts it to music, on a loop, and Bloomberg comes out from under his rock and remembers his promise to commit some part of his sizable personal wealth to taking down Trump and funds them, prime time and on every available social platform, from now to November.
those rude democrats always interrupting mr barr is gaining traction, they'll believe what they want

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
those rude democrats always interrupting mr barr is gaining traction, they'll believe what they want
I noticed Jim Jordan calling them rude multiple times because they didn't give him time to respond.

I find it hilarious that an asshole like that who worships the biggest bully in the world is calling people rude for using their time to speak instead of listen to lies.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I noticed Jim Jordan calling them rude multiple times because they didn't give him time to respond.

I find it hilarious that an asshole like that who worships the biggest bully in the world is calling people rude for using their time to speak instead of listen to lies.

Yea, Jim Rape Jordan or Jim Pedo Jordan really should shut his face ... his ticket is coming up on the lincoln project dont you think?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Repubs will look at the hearing as an event where only Repub legislators are asking (cream puff) questions completely tuning out whatever the Dems have uncovered about Barr because the hearing is "a hoax rigged witch hunt" like what happened to their courageous Judge Kavanaugh.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I watched this clown show for as much as I could and all I got out of it was the Democrats did not want to hear any substantial answers. At all.

I did like Barrs comment: "this is a hearing, I thought I was the one who was supposed to be heard?" after getting cut off from answering nearly every question. Basically it was just the Democrats wanting to score gotcha points and didn't want to hear any real answers.

I think he should have just gotten up and left.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I watched this clown show for as much as I could and all I got out of it was the Democrats did not want to hear any substantial answers. At all.

I did like Barrs comment: "this is a hearing, I thought I was the one who was supposed to be heard?" after getting cut off from answering nearly every question. Basically it was just the Democrats wanting to score gotcha points and didn't want to hear any real answers.

Of course you did fascist apologist.

Of course you did.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

I’m curious, what answer from Barr did you think was worth listening to?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I’m curious, what answer from Barr did you think was worth listening to?

While I was watching he never had a chance to Really Answer any questions. So ... It was just a big dog and pony show.

Democrats: "RECLAIMING MY TIME!!"

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I watched a few clips. Barr just feigned ignorance and stuck with his narrative. No substance. There won't be anything changing until D's take the POTUS at least. Enjoy your criming R's!

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
While I was watching he never had a chance to Really Answer any questions. So ... It was just a big dog and pony show.

Democrats: "RECLAIMING MY TIME!!"

I’ll re-word my question: what question did you think Barr deserved to be given more time (or any time) to answer?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

Barr only came to do his own version of a dog and pony show. This is political theater on all sides, something you should know. The Dems weren't going to let him simply strut and preen and deliver his BS unhindered.

Dems convened this to get their political points across. They would have been fools and political neophytes to simply let Barr give his "substantial answers" i.e, his own version of the dog and pony show, which is why he consented to come testify in the first fucking place.

I believe you DO know and understand this. I mean, Bro, do you even "politics?"

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Each person got 5 minutes. Barr is an expert of running out the clock and not answering questions. I notice you failed to notice...

Barr lying about trying to fire head of SDNY Berman. (allowed to answer)

Barr lying when asked if it is appropriate for a candidate in an election to accept foreign assistance. He was asked again and had to change his answer. Notice he was allowed to answer the question and his first instinct was to lie.

He knew nothing about white people with guns and Nazi insignia storming state capitals threatening to kill the Governor. I even brought this up in an earlier thread so how could Barr not know? Seems he is too busy trying to tamp down BLM protests yet let white thugs run wild.

Barr didn't know the Elijah McClain incident. I bet he didn't know about Breonna Taylor as well. Can't be bothered to be concerned about people of color.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
What I have learned is that anyone who has anything to hide and will to hide it has nothing to fear from a Congressional hearing. They can waste the whole time giving non-answers until it becomes another rep's turn. In a court of law where a person can lay out a line of questioning unburdened by a time constraint, they can keep asking one question until it is actually answered appropriately before moving on to the next logical step. They have a judge as an ally to ensure that the witness is actually answering. And the opposing side has the judge as an ally to make sure that the questions are appropriate themselves.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What I have learned is that anyone who has anything to hide and will to hide it has nothing to fear from a Congressional hearing. They can waste the whole time giving non-answers until it becomes another rep's turn. In a court of law where a person can lay out a line of questioning unburdened by a time constraint, they can keep asking one question until it is actually answered appropriately before moving on to the next logical step. They have a judge as an ally to ensure that the witness is actually answering. And the opposing side has the judge as an ally to make sure that the questions are appropriate themselves.
I agree. Trump administration officials have shown they know they can lie and avoid questions without consequence. This would be a good thing for the speaker of the house to establish - a rule that from this point forward say, half of all question time is conducted by counsel.

Second, they are going to have to do it at least once, maybe to their own party. You have a recalcitrant witness? Arrest them.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

Nadler is an absolutely ineffective chair. He's just old, slow of wit, and does not have any command of the room. It's a stark contrast to Adam Schiff who wields a mental scalpel. Any hearings Nadler runs are going to be a shit show. Republicans are doing nothing but churning sound bites for Fox news. Barr is doing nothing but playing a mushy amorphous blob of complicity to the President. Democrats are just completely ineffective when no-one else in the room is there for honest conversation.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I agree. Trump administration officials have shown they know they can lie and avoid questions without consequence. This would be a good thing for the speaker of the house to establish - a rule that from this point forward say, half of all question time is conducted by counsel.

Second, they are going to have to do it at least once, maybe to their own party. You have a recalcitrant witness? Arrest them.

The only way is to enforce their own rules using the mechanism they have been afforded to do so. I think it would require more than once, and that harm would be done by reinforcing partisanship if the action is not consistently applied until the behavior stops.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
The best way I've seen it done is to ask only yes/no questions. Be very, very aggressive with the 'witness', ensuring they only answer in the yes or no format. No fucking weasel-wording or running out the clock. Yes or no, my time is short.

Reactions: dank69

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I love how Barr says that it's just common sense foreign countries will stuff the mail-in-ballots, yet his party wants to spend zero to try to secure the election....

And what a POS -- he signaled he's ready to pull a Comey near the election.
Notice all the facts he presented to back those statements up. Yea, I didn't either.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Barr only came to do his own version of a dog and pony show. This is political theater on all sides, something you should know. The Dems weren't going to let him simply strut and preen and deliver his BS unhindered.

Dems convened this to get their political points across. They would have been fools and political neophytes to simply let Barr give his "substantial answers" i.e, his own version of the dog and pony show, which is why he consented to come testify in the first fucking place.

I believe you DO know and understand this. I mean, Bro, do you even "politics?"
They finally learned their lesson that Barr is a snake who speaks very carefully, and never tells you anything of substance if you let him. The Democrats did not let him filibuster their precious time with his constant BS.