Barr vs. House Judiciary Cmte.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Can someone explain to me why Barr keeps referring to Obama? Like what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Also I have no clue what this hearing is about but it's engaging television to watch that fatass squirm.
He is invoking the legal argument of 'He did it too!'

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Why are we rehashing the FISA warrant on Carter Page? What does this guy know about “special burden?” I guess he has a “special burden” to cover tRump’s issues.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Pramila Jayapal is just DESTROYING Barr right now. Like holy shit hahaha he just got completely owned.

I don't understand how anyone could hear the facts she just stated and not see something wrong with it, regardless of what you are affiliated with.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Pramila Jayapal is just DESTROYING Barr right now. Like holy shit hahaha he just got completely owned.

I don't understand how anyone could hear the facts she just stated and not see something wrong with it, regardless of what you are affiliated with.

Republicans votes to acquit Trump. I wouldn't underestimate the "protect my tribe" mentality in the face of even the strongest facts and evidence.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

Americans murdered by Trump.. oh they were terrorists.. hail mein fuhrer Trump.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
At least someone got Barr to admit that the only two times he has intervened in prosecutorial decisions in all his years just so happen to be for the president’s two friends.

If that doesn’t stand out to everyone as rank, unbelievable corruption then they are totally lost.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I've just stopped caring at this point. Just show up and fucking vote in November. The rest of this? Pointless.

I'll be there. I'm not paying a whole lot of attention to Barr because I already know he's lying & has been all along. OTOH, it's good to have it all documented for future reference. Barr is all in at this point, totally committed to a Trump victory. It's the only way he'll stay out of prison. The winners write the History.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'll be there. I'm not paying a whole lot of attention to Barr because I already know he's lying & has been all along. OTOH, it's good to have it all documented for future reference. Barr is all in at this point, totally committed to a Trump victory. It's the only way he'll stay out of prison. The winners write the History.
Yes, if nothing else we are going to need some sort of reconciliation commission after this where the corruption of the DOJ is brought out into the sunlight. I expect if/when people will no longer be fired for coming forward there will be an avalanche of testimony about it.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
The repubs questions and statements are primarily a Trump campaign in disguise (or so they think).

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
This hearing has given the Repubs the ability to do what they do best: Control the narrative with heated emotionally targeted propaganda and then pour in every single lie and divertive/deceptive talking point they can stuff in there, all of it focused on deflecting the actual damning facts of Barr's exploiting his position for the purpose of protecting Trump and improving his chances of getting reelected.

The Repubs are taking advantage of every opportunity given to them to turn every publicly broadcasted event up on the hill into an election campaign event based solely on political chicanery of the highest order.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yes, if nothing else we are going to need some sort of reconciliation commission after this where the corruption of the DOJ is brought out into the sunlight. I expect if/when people will no longer be fired for coming forward there will be an avalanche of testimony about it.

I figure an honest AG will give Congress whatever they want over the Mueller investigation & it plays from there. Add everything from Stone's case & Flynn's case to go with it. All the chicanery about the FBI. I figure he's already lied to Congress & that his order to clear the protesters from the church steps was done w/o proper legal authority. Hell- his gross misrepresentation of the situation in Portland before DHS went in constitutes a lie, as well. All he can do is keep on lying.

Feb 4, 2009
Meh Barr is doing pretty well.
Per my limited listening it is exactly as I expected. Democrats are going for high thought, high intelligence items that 99% of the Country gives zero fucks about.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
I've just stopped caring at this point. Just show up and fucking vote in November. The rest of this? Pointless.
Yep. Frustration with these lying liars and the sycophants that eat that shit up.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I like how he disputed the use of tear gas by noting the person she cited was a Democrat. Just like how judges can't do their jobs if they're Mexican-American, right? Bob Barr is 40lbs of bullshit in a 20lb bag.

This swarmy indignant POS makes me embarrassed to be an American. May he and his family wear this shame for generations. Trump, Barr, McConnell...the new Arnolds and Quislings.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Barr wins. The Republicans win. It is simply a fact that it is the DOJ's job to maintain law and order. Everything else is irrelevant. People starting fires throwing bricks and using lasers to blind people or destroy government property need to be stopped even if violence is required. That is the only issue anybody who is conservative will hear and one no honest liberal can deny. To point out what is wrong with Barr's case requires far deeper sophistication then the American people have generally speaking, or the Democrats, for that matter, trying to make that case. This is an argument that Republicans always win and yet Democrats are simply compelled to allow that issue to dominate. Democrats are fools to think logic means anything to what people feel.

I would ask Barr two related questions. Would you take up arms against a legally appointed government if you were a Jew living in Nazi Germany and do you now honor those who did?

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I love how Barr says that it's just common sense foreign countries will stuff the mail-in-ballots, yet his party wants to spend zero to try to secure the election....

And what a POS -- he signaled he's ready to pull a Comey near the election.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
To me, Barr shedding his thin veneer as a reasonable man committed to the law and bursting out of the closet in garters and a vermillion MAGA bustier as a frothing, full blown, "facts and reason be damned" right wing ideologue is the stuff of low burlesque and high shakespearian tragedy combined.

This, late in life, is his Custer's Last Stand . . . Keep American White!

But, history tends to repeat itself, you fat, unholy bastard . . . you closet authoritarian queen.

The "Indians" are gonna' win again!

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I dunno.
I been voting every November and to be honest, things just keep getting worse.
We may need more than votes soon.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Somehow it won't be aired on Fox News' recap. It will never reach the ears of the people that need to be confronted with these . . . facts.

I can only hope The Lincoln Project puts it to music, on a loop, and Bloomberg comes out from under his rock and remembers his promise to commit some part of his sizable personal wealth to taking down Trump and funds them, prime time and on every available social platform, from now to November.

Reactions: KMFJD