Barr/Trump using DOJ against political opponents (again?)

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Seems like the DOJ is going after 4 Democrat governors (2 in battleground states) for insisting that nursing homes had a duty to care for their Covid positive residents (as opposed to dumping them on hospitals running out of beds.) Yes, that went against published CDC guidelines for nursing homes, but the Trump Administration has openly dismissed CDC and OSHA guidelines themselves, to the point they were deemed optional, so...? Nevermind that many homes still lacked resources to effectively test and isolate residents at the time.

Cuomo (NY)
Whitmer (MI)
Murphy (NJ)
Wolf (PA)

Anyone think that this isn’t political?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
There is so much corruption is hard to keep up.

I remember when Trump came into office I started a DJT lies thread. I had the delusion I could keep track. Was I ever proven wrong

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Seems like the DOJ is going after 4 Democrat governors (2 in battleground states) for insisting that nursing homes had a duty to care for their Covid positive residents (as opposed to dumping them on hospitals running out of beds.) Yes, that went against published CDC guidelines for nursing homes, but the Trump Administration has openly dismissed CDC and OSHA guidelines themselves, to the point they were deemed optional, so...? Nevermind that many homes still lacked resources to effectively test and isolate residents at the time.

Cuomo (NY)
Whitmer (MI)
Murphy (NJ)
Wolf (PA)

Anyone think that this isn’t political?

Trump has mentioned this several times, so you know Barr is on the case.
If you are a red state, you just don't do any reporting, so nothing to investigate, ala the Trump Family way.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
A couple snippets from the article:

Federal guidelines issued on March 13 by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services stated, in part, "Nursing homes should admit any individuals that they would normally admit to their facility, including individuals from hospitals where a case of COVID-19 was/is present."

In a joint statement on Wednesday, Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said that more than a dozen other states had issued similar orders based on federal guidelines but the Justice Department was targeting these four states because they're led by Democrats.

Hard to imagine any other perspectives here...

Reactions: hal2kilo