Barr says Trump tweets are making his job impossible. You think Trump will get the message.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Barr is just playing kabuki theater pretending to be independent. Make no mistake, his was hired for his complicity.

Oh yeh. For sure. He's the GOP version of Mr Wolf from Pulp Fiction. He made his bones in the Party with Iran-contra 30 years ago. He went all in for Trump over the Mueller report.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
well Barr has his work cut out for him:

trump contradicts previous denial of not directing giuliani (i'm shocked, shocked i tell you).

"Here's my choice: I deal with the Comeys of the world, or I deal with Rudy," Trump said, referring to former FBI Director James Comey. Trump explained that he has "a very bad taste" of the US intelligence community, because of the Russia investigation, so he turned to Giuliani.
"So when you tell me, why did I use Rudy, and one of the things about Rudy, number one, he was the best prosecutor, you know, one of the best prosecutors, and the best mayor," Trump said. "But also, other presidents had them. FDR had a lawyer who was practically, you know, was totally involved with government. Eisenhower had a lawyer. They all had lawyers."

Trump had previously denied that he sent Giuliani to Ukraine. Asked in November if he directed Giuliani to "do anything" in Ukraine, Trump said, "No, I didn't direct him," but went on to call Giuliani a "great corruption fighter."

bolding is mine for emphasis.

too bad he wasn't interviewed by the house or testify before the senate. but then again, i'm sure mitch would have let him off the hook of lying to congress anyway.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
well Barr has his work cut out for him:

trump contradicts previous denial of not directing giuliani (i'm shocked, shocked i tell you).

bolding is mine for emphasis.

too bad he wasn't interviewed by the house or testify before the senate. but then again, i'm sure mitch would have let him off the hook of lying to congress anyway.

It doesn't matter anymore. Anybody who hasn't figured out the Big Lie at this point never will.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Question in the OP doesn't matter. Everyone knows who Trump is. People of good character will actually admit who he is.

Here are the important questions. DOJ must get thousands of cases. Why did Barr pick this one to intercede for a lower sentence? Also has he interceded in any case in the past for a lenient sentence?

Most of us know the answer to the first question but both need to be asked in public and under oath.

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014
Barr knows that he'll be burned like every previous beloved Trump appointee and that Trump one day and the MAGA caravan will be slating him on twitter.

This is an early defense. He'll be able to feign off claims of corruption more easily and lets face it, probably has recordings of this imbecile yammering on about how the DOJ should act

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Well what do you know. A citizen jury decided charges against McCabe are pure bullshit.

Jan 25, 2011
Washington District Chief Justice is not amused.

EQsGxW-WAAI7RDF

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Well what do you know. A citizen jury decided charges against McCabe are pure bullshit.

No revenge for you, Donnie! I hope McCabe gets his pension rights back, too. Firing him 26 hours before his retirement was a deeply chickenshit act.

Reactions: hal2kilo