Barr says Trump tweets are making his job impossible. You think Trump will get the message.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I don’t trust any of them. I think Barr is up to something. Especially considering he was called by the house Democrats to appear. Sounds like Barr is manufacturing a little distracting here. Barr is not that upset if upset at all. I mean where else can Barr get a job and whom else could Trump hire anywhere’s so loyal? We know how they operate so don’t be fooled.

Reactions: hal2kilo

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I never liked reality tv. Now I know why.
Trump shouldn’t have been impeached, Trump needs to be canceled.
One season is plenty.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I never liked reality tv. Now I know why.
Trump shouldn’t have been impeached, Trump needs to be canceled.
One season is plenty.
Lets hope so, the appearance of Bloomberg is making things very interesting, here's a tweet he did today, directed at Trump,
" We know many of the same people in NY. Behind your back they laugh at you & call you a carnival barking clown. They know you inherited a fortune & squandered it with stupid deals and incompetence. I have the record & the resources to defeat you. And I will. "

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Lets hope so, the appearance of Bloomberg is making things very interesting, here's a tweet he did today, directed at Trump,
" We know many of the same people in NY. Behind your back they laugh at you & call you a carnival barking clown. They know you inherited a fortune & squandered it with stupid deals and incompetence. I have the record & the resources to defeat you. And I will. "

can't say i particularly care for bloomberg or like the idea of essentially buying your way into the nomination because you have colossal amounts of money, but i absolutely believe he could crush trump in the public sphere. as he said, they know the same people. almost nothing would make trump more mad than his elite "friends" saying what they really think on record (...then again, on record might be me dreaming).

Feb 4, 2009
can't say i particularly care for bloomberg or like the idea of essentially buying your way into the nomination because you have colossal amounts of money, but i absolutely believe he could crush trump in the public sphere. as he said, they know the same people. almost nothing would make trump more mad than his elite "friends" saying what they really think on record (...then again, on record might be me dreaming).

Yup, I agree and getting a non criminal in office is currently my #1 goal. Never thought I’d say this but if the choice was Trump or Cruz I’d probably vote Cruz.

Back to Bloomberg, I like how Bloomberg is measurably better at everything vs Trump. Everything except banging whores & random licensing like water and shitty freeze dried steaks.

Nov 17, 2019
Barr's crap. Don is Crap.

But that isn't what Barr said.

" Barr, who has been urged to resign from the Department of Justice for interfering in the sentencing of Donald Trump accomplice Roger Stone, claimed he was doing the right thing by urging a lighter sentence for the president’s longest-serving political adviser.

“I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody… whether it’s Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president…I’m gonna do what I think is right,” Barr claimed, according to ABC News reporter Katherine Faulders.

“And you know…I cannot do my job here at the [DOJ] with a constant background commentary that undercuts me,” he argued."

Basically, he doesn't want anybody questioning him.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Barr's crap. Don is Crap.

But that isn't what Barr said.

" Barr, who has been urged to resign from the Department of Justice for interfering in the sentencing of Donald Trump accomplice Roger Stone, claimed he was doing the right thing by urging a lighter sentence for the president’s longest-serving political adviser.

“I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody… whether it’s Congress, a newspaper editorial board, or the president…I’m gonna do what I think is right,” Barr claimed, according to ABC News reporter Katherine Faulders.

“And you know…I cannot do my job here at the [DOJ] with a constant background commentary that undercuts me,” he argued."

Basically, he doesn't want anybody questioning him.

Attorney General William P. Barr pushed back hard Thursday against President Trump’s attacks on the Justice Department, saying “I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody,” a remarkable public rebuke that could jeopardize his tenure as the nation’s top law enforcement official.

“I think it’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases,” Barr said in an interview with ABC News, adding that such statements “about the department, about people in the department, our men and women here, about cases pending here, and about judges before whom we have cases, make it impossible for me to do my job and to assure the courts and the prosecutors and the department that we’re doing our work with integrity.”

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Uh oh...insubordination and defiance. Isn't this about the time Trump fires you or demands your resignation? Rudy's available

Is he expressing some moral center about his job, or is he trying to get Trump's guy off as lightly as possible and Trump's big mouth is making it hard to do that. You would think he'd tell him that in private. Or these comments are just a distraction.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Why TF would Barr care about Stone if not for Trump?????????????? Thats right, he would not. The idea that the two are not connected is retarded at best.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Uh oh...insubordination and defiance. Isn't this about the time Trump fires you or demands your resignation? Rudy's available

Is he expressing some moral center about his job, or is he trying to get Trump's guy off as lightly as possible and Trump's big mouth is making it hard to do that. You would think he'd tell him that in private. Or these comments are just a distraction.
Rudy only makes sense for an Unchained Trump.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
The whole thing has a "what's the angle" spin in it, he's already spent north of $300 million dollars on ad's. Is it his ego or does he feel genuinely afraid of 4 more, I'd believe either.

Gabe323

Apr 29, 2002
It's just cover so he can mention the stupid tweet when he testifies next month. Every time someone asks why are you covering up for the President he'll just point to that one stupid tweet.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
It's just cover so he can mention the stupid tweet when he testifies next month. Every time someone asks why are you covering up for the President he'll just point to that one stupid tweet.

If that's his line of defense...the rebuttal should be "well then, why don't you resign?

The hope is that Barr has been hearing, behind the scenes, from Republicans uneasy with the absolute blatancy of the corruption of the DOJ helping Trump's goons (such as Stone) escape justice. Barr may be hearing that there are rumblings that would make him the fall guy for Trump's amped-up lawlessness, post-acquittal. So he's trying to head that off with ever-so-slight criticisms of the way Trump has been completely open about his use of the DOJ as a personal instrument of vengeance. Barr would like to see Trump be much less open about his use of the Department for fulfilling personal satisfactions.

Barr won't quit unless he sees that as the only way to save himself; he's doing too well out of the current arrangement. Someday we may know the full extent of the rewards he's reaping - beyond the religious fantasies stuff - by being Trump's henchman. Whatever the full list is, he's not going to give it up voluntarily unless he sees a prison sentence looming.

I'm not sure Barr's/Trump's actions are about saving Roger Stone. Trump can do that with the stroke of a pen pardoning Stone. It's about demonstrating raw power and seeing how far they can push those limits. The rule of law, is more imperiled than it has ever been. This is not normal.

Reactions: tweaker2

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
...make it impossible for me to do my job and to assure the courts and the prosecutors and the department that we’re doing our work with integrity.”

Maybe Republicans like Barr should have pushed for impeachment, to obtain a President who has integrity.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
If that's his line of defense...the rebuttal should be "well then, why don't you resign?

The hope is that Barr has been hearing, behind the scenes, from Republicans uneasy with the absolute blatancy of the corruption of the DOJ helping Trump's goons (such as Stone) escape justice. Barr may be hearing that there are rumblings that would make him the fall guy for Trump's amped-up lawlessness, post-acquittal. So he's trying to head that off with ever-so-slight criticisms of the way Trump has been completely open about his use of the DOJ as a personal instrument of vengeance. Barr would like to see Trump be much less open about his use of the Department for fulfilling personal satisfactions.

Barr won't quit unless he sees that as the only way to save himself; he's doing too well out of the current arrangement. Someday we may know the full extent of the rewards he's reaping - beyond the religious fantasies stuff - by being Trump's henchman. Whatever the full list is, he's not going to give it up voluntarily unless he sees a prison sentence looming.

I'm not sure Barr's/Trump's actions are about saving Roger Stone. Trump can do that with the stroke of a pen pardoning Stone. It's about demonstrating raw power and seeing how far they can push those limits. The rule of law, is more imperiled than it has ever been. This is not normal.

It's hard enough for Barr to enact Trump's corrupt policy w/o Trump pointing it out on twitter, huh?