Barr opens an investigation into the FBI Trump Russia investigation without the results of the TR investigation even being publiclally known...

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Right. So you aren't running away but you aren't going to explain yourself. If its not running away then what is it? Playing dumb? Sounds like it or do you think people totally believed you when you posted on a tech forum that you have no idea how Facebook and Twitter works? Just an FYI, I don't use twitter or facebook, let alone visit them with any sort of regularity and I'm well aware of how they work.

You did quite a bit of projecting in your post, which seems to be your M.O.
So far you've:
Explained away anything you disagree with as partisanship.
Refuse to engage in any meaningful discussion including refusing to go into any detail of your own opinion while you simultaneously complain about others being mean to you because they don't agree with you.
Told everyone to put you on ignore if they don't like it.

The reality is that you don't want a discussion with anyone who disagrees with you because your bubble would collapse and you'd prefer to put people on ignore (I'm sure you don't simply because you'd only be talking to yourself).

And what I've gained from all this is that no matter how you are treated your responses will be the same; meaningless. Which is why putting you on ignore is pointless, you already don't add anything to the discussion, if I lived in a bubble you'd be harmless.

I have Never Been on either Facebook nor Twitter. Ever, and don't care to go.

I didn't say everything I disagree with is partisan. I was only discussing the wieners in this forum are so partisan that it is pointless. I have explained my thoughts on many occasions and have gotten nothing but BS from you and your buddies.

Last edited:

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
the wieners in this forum are so partisan

Hello, you partisan wiener! Now wave! :D

Reuters reports that Steele (of the dossier fame) will not cooperate with Barr's appointed investigative toady. Smart move, it would be nothing but a waste of his time.

The source close to Steele’s company said Steele would not cooperate with Durham’s probe but might cooperate with a parallel inquiry by the Justice Department’s Inspector General into how U.S. law enforcement agencies handled pre-election investigations into both Trump and Clinton. Steele also cooperated with Mueller’s investigative team, voluntarily submitting to two interviews in September 2017. He also gave written testimony to the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee in August 2018, the source said.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I'm sure you don't have a desire or a need to justify your beliefs, that's kind of the point and its exactly why you get treated the way you do. When given the opportunity to explain yourself and to convince others you run away. So basically your whole point in posting here is what exactly? Do you think this discussion forum is simply another version of Facebook or Twitter, where you simply tell the world your opinion and no further engagement is necessary?

Compare and contrast that with other people here who have their views questioned. What do you think their response is? Do they run away? Do they simply claim everything is partisan? Or do they actually engage with those making claims contrary to their views or who question their views? Do they provide actual data to backup their claims?

Why is it they are willing to discuss their views and you are not?

How do you think people who give their opinion on a subject but refuse to discuss it, should be treated?

I think you have missed the point. He believes everything is partisan, and his analysis of situations does not go beyond that. Republicans think one thing, Democrats think another, fully black and white. Fox news tells him what his position should be, CNN tells you what your position should be. No need to think any further. Why do you keep asking him to justify it?

That is what his thought process seems to be. It is all very Orwellian.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
And you have your own special troll category.

You guys are doing a great job of proving my point.
Yes we don't take kindly to people saying stupid things around here. We will try to be mindful of this and give you a participation trophy instead:
trophy.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Maxima1

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I don't think I have used that term "delicious libruhl tears". So that would be on you. I haven't tried to rile anyone up.

The court will decide. That is their job.

Still obfuscating. Which is what Barr has done from the beginning of his involvement. Both of you are merely defending the Liar in Chief. If we had an honest AG it wouldn't go to the Courts nor would he be telling us about investigating the investigators, again. He's promoting conspiracy theory.

It's astounding how much of it blind partisans already believe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...0b4105f7ca0_story.html?utm_term=.ea2af727b002

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I think you have missed the point. He believes everything is partisan, and his analysis of situations does not go beyond that. Republicans think one thing, Democrats think another, fully black and white. Fox news tells him what his position should be, CNN tells you what your position should be. No need to think any further. Why do you keep asking him to justify it?

That is what his thought process seems to be. It is all very Orwellian.

I'm aware of that but I was trying to get him to question his beliefs and to at least take a peak outside of his bubble. I failed, his bubble is too strong.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
From what I can see about this "investigating the investigators" lame ass diversion Trump and his stooge Barr cooked up, they're selling to their supporters the same empty false hopes and dreams they've put up in the GOP's store front display windows since Nixon deployed his Southern Strategy and Reagan scammed the Repub working class constituency into buying that trickle down bullshit that got their base hooked for good.

All Trump has actually done is set up a booth in front of the store and used his skills as a loud overbearing long necktied snake oil salesman and ramped up the racism, hate and fear enough to call it a bonafide cult following.

Both Trump and Barr have totally discredited the offices they lord over with those blatant lies, more than obvious cover-ups of malfeasance and the usual ploys that common thieves will use to escape capture and accountability.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Lock her up! :p

If that was ever going to happen, it would have happened a few years ago. It's gone...time to move on. That has passed through the bowels of history.
Can you do the world a favor and let your 60 million brothers and sisters know? They don't believe us when we tell them because we are filthy liberals.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

If that was ever going to happen, it would have happened a few years ago. It's gone...time to move on. That has passed through the bowels of history.

I still don't know why that ever would have happened?

Here's the thing: "Sigh, just time to move on. time has passed," is the weakest, most-beta attempt to shrug off culpability for roundly supporting an objectively false narrative to the point of red-faced rage. What happened? How were you so so so so right about this person's guilt in...whatever the fuck you cocked it up to be, to the point now, where it just doesn't matter enough to bring justice?

How did that happen?

Wait, are you guys not actually sincere about people when they do crimes--or is it just the fake crimes that get your pants wet and not the actual, observable crimes issuing forth daily from the GOP?

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I still don't know why that ever would have happened?

Here's the thing: "Sigh, just time to move on. time has passed," is the weakest, most-beta attempt to shrug off culpability for roundly supporting an objectively false narrative to the point of red-faced rage. What happened? How were you so so so so right about this person's guilt in...whatever the fuck you cocked it up to be, to the point now, where it just doesn't matter enough to bring justice?

How did that happen?

Wait, are you guys not actually sincere about people when they do crimes--or is it just the fake crimes that get your pants wet and not the actual, observable crimes issuing forth daily from the GOP?

Way to get wrapped around the axle. I'm acknowledging the fact that too much time has passed and she is probably not on the hook anymore. The clock has run out. It's pointless to keep carrying on about it. That is far from dismissing her actions.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Way to get wrapped around the axle. I'm acknowledging the fact that too much time has passed and she is probably not on the hook anymore. The clock has run out. It's pointless to keep carrying on about it. That is far from dismissing her actions.

that's my question:

on the hook for what? what are "her actions"?

that's always been the question that the literate of the world have been proposing to the unread when it comes to whatever it is Hilary is guilty of.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

What you haven't acknowledged is that is was bullshit from the start.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
What you haven't acknowledged is that is was bullshit from the start.

So she handled all her classified documents properly? Could any of us do what she did and not be charged with a crime? Do different standards apply to the elites? Your truth and my truth differ. You and others simply wanted to bury your head in the sand and not see what she did, because party.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
So she handled all her classified documents properly? Could any of us do what she did and not be charged with a crime? Do different standards apply to the elites? Your truth and my truth differ. You and others simply wanted to bury your head in the sand and not see what she did, because party.

So, lock her up.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Yes, all of us could do what she did and not be charged with a crime.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Saw plenty of classified doc mismanagement during my time, and nary more than a slap on the wrist, so yeah, we could have done what she did and not been charged. Doesn't make it right, but does make it so.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

lol that you are so far off the mark here, because this is why you have the GOP and Trump.

CIA and other agencies can't even run intelligence operations anymore because of these quislings. These are things that are actually happening.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Please. Were it possible for Hillary to have been indicted in anything resembling a righteous fashion it would have been done by now. Belief in the whole idea of "Crooked Hillary" is one of the greatest victories of propaganda & disinformation of all time. And you fell for it, because Fuck You, Libtards! is something you live by.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
that's my question:

on the hook for what? what are "her actions"?

that's always been the question that the literate of the world have been proposing to the unread when it comes to whatever it is Hilary is guilty of.
What she's guilty of is not being one of them. History is not going to be kind to Donald and the GOP, assuming we have a history and survive, which is in doubt. Yes, I'm thinking I should give up on any semblance of optimism at this point.

If you (talking to the broad board here, yes, and beyond) have any attachment to the GOP check yourself out.

Reactions: dank69
Feb 4, 2009

So are your guys incompetent or is there nothing on her?

Your boys controlled both houses of Congress for 2 years. What’s the answer

Your guys are incompetent
or
There is nothing to charge.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
So are your guys incompetent or is there nothing on her?

Your boys controlled both houses of Congress for 2 years. What’s the answer

Your guys are incompetent
or
There is nothing to charge.
Do you recall who the lead FBI investagator on the Clinton case was? I'm pretty sure he wasn't a republician.