Barr opens an investigation into the FBI Trump Russia investigation without the results of the TR investigation even being publiclally known...

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
1. They are afraid that it will hurt their chance of reelection or taking more seats in the House and Senate.

2. It doesn't take much of a case to impeach. You do have to have a majority of votes and the political fortitude to actually do it.

3. No I'm not convinced that he obstructed justice. Dignity, well that is a very broad subject.

4. I'm sure that he has things to be afraid of. Don't we all?
Based on the ravenous behavior of the opposition... I would say it would make anyone afraid.

5. Hiding something, maybe and very possible. Hiding something doesn't make something criminal. I would venture to say that there is no such thing as an honest and completely transparent politician or person for that matter.

6. I don't have a need to justify my opinions or persuade others. This is a learned behavior due to the many assholes that take a small statement and then pick it apart and beat you to death with it with name calling and crap. You would be one of those very people. Everyone that disagrees with you gets flooded with a deluge of name calling etc... It's pathetic.

7. I'm fine with my beliefs. If and when something happens that makes me change them I will. Usually this is not random postings from a partisan internet poster.

8. You can question my beliefs all you like. Just because you question doesn't mean I have to reply.

9. Trust me, my ego is just fine. I don't require unknown people on the internet to boost my ego. LOL Thanks for your concern however.

Thanks for responding. Its a shame that you live in such a bubble that you've managed to explain everything away as simply being a partisan attack.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
This is a test of the country's collective value system, to see whether or not the country, meaning the people - not the activists, not the partisans, but the people as a whole - will support democratic and egalitarian values over authoritarian and oligarchal values. It was the people who voted this douchebag in, and we're going to need the people to throw him out. A test like this comes along maybe once every 100 years. We're about to find out whether we pass it or not.

The Judiciary Committee actually resisted multiple calls for impeachment from about May of 1973 on. What changed was the resignation of Spiro Agnew, the Saturday Night Massacre, and probably just as important, a growing economic malaise and a general sense that the country was not headed in the right direction. We've had him obstruct in the firings of James Comey, Peter Strzok, Andrew McCabe, Jeff Sessions. He has called all of them traitors. He has revoked the security clearances of critics in the intel communities. We've had Trump basically threaten everyone else into retirement. But what's really different - is that the Republican party that controls the Senate, knows all of this, and does not care. And his supporters do not care. Moreover, he has had some of the highest approval ratings of his term even AFTER doing all of this. This is 2019, not 1973-74. We live in different times. It will have to be the people who get this right, and I suspect that they won't until they feel pain first. They let this POS stray dog into the house and they will have to reach the point where they're tired of it tearing up the furniture, pissing and shitting everywhere before they kick him back out on the street.

Reactions: dank69

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Thanks for responding. Its a shame that you live in such a bubble that you've managed to explain everything away as simply being a partisan attack.

You guys are pissing in the wind when a Trump supporter states that they don't believe he obstructed justice.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

It's pretty weird for him to participate in a discussion board about politics and then refuse to discuss his reasoning for why he believes the president has not committed multiple felonies.

Well, it's not actually that weird. He's transparently lying that he has some sort of legal rationale for his position, it's all pure tribalism for him and he's projecting that onto everyone else.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

See. You don't accept my answers so you accuse me of living in a bubble. You made my point very well. At least you held back the cursing and name calling as you usually do.

Well you do have a posting history... Along with many others on this forum. Everything I stated was the truth.

Sorry it doesn't meet your high standards. LOL

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
It's pretty weird for him to participate in a discussion board about politics and then refuse to discuss his reasoning for why he believes the president has not committed multiple felonies.

Well, it's not actually that weird. He's transparently lying that he has some sort of legal rationale for his position, it's all pure tribalism for him and he's projecting that onto everyone else.

And you would also be one of "Those People".

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
See. You don't accept my answers so you accuse me of living in a bubble. You made my point very well. At least you held back the cursing and name calling as you usually do.

Well you do have a posting history... Along with many others on this forum. Everything I stated was the truth.

Sorry it doesn't meet your high standards. LOL

I said no such thing. I simply restated your explanation for every question I asked. Are you now denying that you explained everything away due to partisanship?

Do you have anything to back up your feelings/claim? Do you feel Mueller, a Republican, was acting partisan during his investigation? Do you think the 1000 former AG's are being partisan when they all signed a letter stating that the existing evidence would have lead to charges had it been anybody but the president they were charging? Do you think a president asking a cabinet member to lie and falsify records is nothing? If Obama had asked Loretta lynch to let the Clinton thing go, would you have been totally ok with that?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I said no such thing. I simply restated your explanation for every question I asked. Are you now denying that you explained everything away due to partisanship?

Do you have anything to back up your feelings/claim? Do you feel Mueller, a Republican, was acting partisan during his investigation? Do you think the 1000 former AG's are being partisan when they all signed a letter stating that the existing evidence would have lead to charges had it been anybody but the president they were charging? Do you think a president asking a cabinet member to lie and falsify records is nothing? If Obama had asked Loretta lynch to let the Clinton thing go, would you have been totally ok with that?

What ever...............

I told you basically that I was tired of the BS by you and many others. I don't have a need or desire to justify my beliefs to you. When I do feel that need I will.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
What ever...............

I told you basically that I was tired of the BS by you and many others. I don't have a need or desire to justify my beliefs to you. When I do feel that need I will.

Don't sweat it. We all know you're a bootlicking clown. LOL!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Perhaps the most amazing things about all of this are Trump supporters' tribal allegiance & Barr's incredible chutzpah in exploiting it.

Mueller & his team worked on this for nearly two years. After a month on the job, Barr pulls rank, censors their work & spins up a story to make Trump look as good as possible. Fuck those guys. Fuck Congress. Fuck the public, too.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Perhaps the most amazing things about all of this are Trump supporters' tribal allegiance & Barr's incredible chutzpah in exploiting it.

Mueller & his team worked on this for nearly two years. After a month on the job, Barr pulls rank, censors their work & spins up a story to make Trump look as good as possible. Fuck those guys. Fuck Congress. Fuck the public, too.

Aren't you also part of the Public?

LOL

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
What ever...............

Tired of it? That seems highly unlikely as you continue to post here.

I'm sure you don't have a desire or a need to justify your beliefs, that's kind of the point and its exactly why you get treated the way you do. When given the opportunity to explain yourself and to convince others you run away. So basically your whole point in posting here is what exactly? Do you think this discussion forum is simply another version of Facebook or Twitter, where you simply tell the world your opinion and no further engagement is necessary?

Compare and contrast that with other people here who have their views questioned. What do you think their response is? Do they run away? Do they simply claim everything is partisan? Or do they actually engage with those making claims contrary to their views or who question their views? Do they provide actual data to backup their claims?

Why is it they are willing to discuss their views and you are not?

How do you think people who give their opinion on a subject but refuse to discuss it, should be treated?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Aren't you also part of the Public?

LOL

So the part you like is the delicious libruhl tears, or what? Get 'em riled up & drag them down to your level? You seem to have succeeded with some.

Which really doesn't change how wrong all of this really is. Barr is obstructing legitimate Congressional inquiry by withholding any part of the report. He usurps their power in order to protect Trump. It's utterly corrupt & no way to run this Country.

This bit about investigating the investigators is equally corrupt. It doesn't change the honest evidence to which Congress is entitled in the slightest.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Tired of it? That seems highly unlikely as you continue to post here.

I'm sure you don't have a desire or a need to justify your beliefs, that's kind of the point and its exactly why you get treated the way you do. When given the opportunity to explain yourself and to convince others you run away. So basically your whole point in posting here is what exactly? Do you think this discussion forum is simply another version of Facebook or Twitter, where you simply tell the world your opinion and no further engagement is necessary?

Compare and contrast that with other people here who have their views questioned. What do you think their response is? Do they run away? Do they simply claim everything is partisan? Or do they actually engage with those making claims contrary to their views or who question their views? Do they provide actual data to backup their claims?

Why is it they are willing to discuss their views and you are not?

How do you think people who give their opinion on a subject but refuse to discuss it, should be treated?

I post here because I want to.

I'm not running away. I explained why I no longer feel the need to explain.

I've never been on Facebook or Twitter so I have no idea what they do. I'm sure you do.

Well I can tell you for a fact that you call names and verbally abuse anyone that doesn't think the same as you. Much the same as uberneuman, Zin and many others.

Place me on your ignore list if it bothers you so much.

Reactions: brandonbull

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
So the part you like is the delicious libruhl tears, or what? Get 'em riled up & drag them down to your level? You seem to have succeeded with some.

Which really doesn't change how wrong all of this really is. Barr is obstructing legitimate Congressional inquiry by withholding any part of the report. He usurps their power in order to protect Trump. It's utterly corrupt & no way to run this Country.

This bit about investigating the investigators is equally corrupt. It doesn't change the honest evidence to which Congress is entitled in the slightest.

I don't think I have used that term "delicious libruhl tears". So that would be on you. I haven't tried to rile anyone up.

The court will decide. That is their job.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I post here because I want to.

I'm not running away. I explained why I no longer feel the need to explain.

I've never been on Facebook or Twitter so I have no idea what they do. I'm sure you do.

Well I can tell you for a fact that you call names and verbally abuse anyone that doesn't think the same as you. Much the same as uberneuman, Zin and many others.

Place me on your ignore list if it bothers you so much.

Right. So you aren't running away but you aren't going to explain yourself. If its not running away then what is it? Playing dumb? Sounds like it or do you think people totally believed you when you posted on a tech forum that you have no idea how Facebook and Twitter works? Just an FYI, I don't use twitter or facebook, let alone visit them with any sort of regularity and I'm well aware of how they work.

You did quite a bit of projecting in your post, which seems to be your M.O.
So far you've:
Explained away anything you disagree with as partisanship.
Refuse to engage in any meaningful discussion including refusing to go into any detail of your own opinion while you simultaneously complain about others being mean to you because they don't agree with you.
Told everyone to put you on ignore if they don't like it.

The reality is that you don't want a discussion with anyone who disagrees with you because your bubble would collapse and you'd prefer to put people on ignore (I'm sure you don't simply because you'd only be talking to yourself).

And what I've gained from all this is that no matter how you are treated your responses will be the same; meaningless. Which is why putting you on ignore is pointless, you already don't add anything to the discussion, if I lived in a bubble you'd be harmless.