Barr opens an investigation into the FBI Trump Russia investigation without the results of the TR investigation even being publiclally known...

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I hope the more level headed and less hot headed people are right.
But, as a hot-headed person, I disagree with the level headed approach in times of extreme danger.

If Trump starts war in Iran, there is no possible hope of ending corrupt Trump regime and Trump knows it.

Well, If he escalates his "show of force" into a full blown war, this will be another nail in his coffin IMO. I'm assuming Bolton told him that the Iranians are ignoring him, laughing at him, don't take him seriously. "They don't take you seriously". They won't until you send carriers and thousands of troops over there. So he sends 1500 troops. What a joke. I won't discount that it's a dangerous game he's playing. But he usually backs down in cowardice. Just another reason for people to get behind in voting this idiot out.

I'm seeing headlines that Daniel Coats is worried about Barr releasing classified material without going through him first. Barr is threatening to just release classified information regardless of whether Coats and other intel chiefs believe it's damaging to US interests. It's only made worse by the fact that Barr's not even pretending to be an AG but rather Trump's own personal legal and political council. More reasons to let them hang themselves.

Trump and company rule the playground because the voting citizens haven't punished them for their behavior. it's the people, the voting people that matter in an impeachment. You can't just make them care. You can make them like a president less, but you can also make them like the majority party less as well, as House Republicans found out when they pressed for impeachment despite overwhelming evidence suggesting the country wasn't on the same page.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
You can make them like a president less, but you can also make them like the majority party less as well, as House Republicans found out when they pressed for impeachment despite overwhelming evidence suggesting the country wasn't on the same page.
But who won the next two POTUS elections? GWB.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Can you point me to where the Nancy Pelosi has announced that she has everything that she needs to proceed with impeachment? She speaks for the positions that the House takes, nobody else, so that would be big news.

Until then, they "don't do anything."

Did I say Nancy Pelosi?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
wow, you learned that his nickname is pigpen. You must be so proud that you took the time to learn a thing today. I have to deduct 8 points, though, because you failed to address the actual context of your comment and mine, and didn't really care to learn anything about why he was called pigpen.

What ever, I had no clue as to who the person in your avatar is or was. Just as you don't with mine. :rolleyes:

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Prevarication 101:

Accuse the accuser of being "fake news."

Barr should be disbarred. He's abdicated any right to being a member of the American Bar Association.

Barring any sarcasm on your part, I think your post has set the bar pretty low. Barr is simply a great AG, bar none.

Maybe you should get off your bar stool and go get some fresh air and barbecue.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Barring any sarcasm on your part, I think your post has set the bar pretty low. Barr is simply a great AG, bar none.

Didn't you get banned for being a P&N troll before Pavel?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Is the regular Felix troll on vacation or something? Cuz that's pitiful, even for him.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
1. So knowing that the bar for impeachment is lower than the bar for criminal prosecution, what do you think their reasoning is for not bringing impeachment?

2. Do you think they don't have a good case?

3. Do you personally think trump obstructed or abused his power or hasn't served with dignity?

4. You yourself have said that if you aren't guilty of any crimes then what should you be afraid of if you are being investigated, so what is trump afraid of?

5. Do you think he's hiding something?

6. I must say I find it weird that you like to give your opinion on a message board but when given the chance to explain yourself and possibly persuade others, in front of a captive audience, you decline to do so. Why is that?

7. Are you not secure or confident in your beliefs?

8. Most people who I've met who feel strongly about something are willing to have their beliefs questioned. Why aren't you?

9. Is your ego so fragile that being an anonymous person on a message board doesn't offer the protection of your ego if it turns out your beliefs are based on incorrect facts or a misunderstanding of reality?

1. They are afraid that it will hurt their chance of reelection or taking more seats in the House and Senate.

2. It doesn't take much of a case to impeach. You do have to have a majority of votes and the political fortitude to actually do it.

3. No I'm not convinced that he obstructed justice. Dignity, well that is a very broad subject.

4. I'm sure that he has things to be afraid of. Don't we all?
Based on the ravenous behavior of the opposition... I would say it would make anyone afraid.

5. Hiding something, maybe and very possible. Hiding something doesn't make something criminal. I would venture to say that there is no such thing as an honest and completely transparent politician or person for that matter.

6. I don't have a need to justify my opinions or persuade others. This is a learned behavior due to the many assholes that take a small statement and then pick it apart and beat you to death with it with name calling and crap. You would be one of those very people. Everyone that disagrees with you gets flooded with a deluge of name calling etc... It's pathetic.

7. I'm fine with my beliefs. If and when something happens that makes me change them I will. Usually this is not random postings from a partisan internet poster.

8. You can question my beliefs all you like. Just because you question doesn't mean I have to reply.

9. Trust me, my ego is just fine. I don't require unknown people on the internet to boost my ego. LOL Thanks for your concern however.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Nancy Pelosi is the only person who speaks for the House. If it isn't coming from her then it isn't happening. Your sources, please?

My sources for what?

I already gave a short list of some of those that are calling for immediate impeachment... I'm not going to repeat it. Go back and read. Or do a google search yourself.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
My sources for what?

I already gave a short list of some of those that are calling for immediate impeachment... I'm not going to repeat it. Go back and read. Or do a google search yourself.

You stated that the Democrats have everything they need and then pointing at random House Democrats to support that, using this to innocently ask why the House Democrats are doing nothing if this is the case. No. Until Nancy Pelosi says it's go time then it's no-go. The rest is just background noise. In this case the background noise is good but it's not what is happening.

Does that answer your original question? :)

Sgt. York

Mar 27, 2016
At this time Democrats are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Pelosi knows this and is waiting/hoping for something concrete enough to hang the Orange Orangutan.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No I'm not convinced that he obstructed justice.

Of course he did. Barr basically admitted it-

During a press conference, Barr said Mueller's report contained "substantial evidence" that Trump was "frustrated and angered" because of his belief that the "investigation was undermining his presidency, propelled by his political opponents, and fueled by illegal leaks"; however, the report gave no indication that Trump's frustrations with the investigation would mitigate obstructing behavior.[95][111][112] Barr also said it would not be criminal obstruction of justice for a president to instruct a staffer to lie to investigators about the president’s actions,[113] and suggested a president could legally terminate an investigation into himself if he was being "falsely accused"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Barr#Mueller_investigation_and_report

Exquisitely circular, huh? Who gets to decide if the President is being falsely accused? The President, of course, because he's the President.

You might want to read that whole section & the one about spying, as well. The only reason to believe any of it is because you want to.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Is the regular Felix troll on vacation or something? Cuz that's pitiful, even for him.

All I can see is a bunch of democrats getting themselves all wound up over nothing. Trump will not be impeached because there is nothing to charge him with. Even Pelosi knows that.

As far as the original post, Muse used a play on words to criticize the AG using his name as the basis for his criticism. I also used a play on words to disagree with his post, as I see Barr as doing a great job upholding the constitution and doing his job quite well.

(I cant believe I had to explain that, you guys need to lighten up).

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
All I can see is a bunch of democrats getting themselves all wound up over nothing. Trump will not be impeached because there is nothing to charge him with. Even Pelosi knows that.

As far as the original post, Muse used a play on words to criticize the AG using his name as the basis for his criticism. I also used a play on words to disagree with his post, as I see Barr as doing a great job upholding the constitution and doing his job quite well.

The GOP sent in Barr as Trump's fixer. He's their version of Winston Wolf.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

If there’s nothing to charge him with can you explain how hundreds and hundreds of federal prosecutors all got the law wrong? According to them it isn’t even a close case.

https://medium.com/@dojalumni/statement-by-former-federal-prosecutors-8ab7691c2aa1

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You stated that the Democrats have everything they need and then pointing at random House Democrats to support that, using this to innocently ask why the House Democrats are doing nothing if this is the case. No. Until Nancy Pelosi says it's go time then it's no-go. The rest is just background noise. In this case the background noise is good but it's not what is happening.

Does that answer your original question? :)

No, I said Some Democrats stated that they have all they need for impeachment.

They were not "random".

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
No, I said Some Democrats stated that they have all they need for impeachment.

They were not "random".
I think they should start the inquiry, there is enough evidence to justify at least that and it opens a lot of doors, so to speak.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Dude, you are completely full of it. The opposite of what you say is the truth. I think you need drugs or something. Maybe electric shock.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Michael Wolff alleges that Mueller threw out a 3-count obstruction indictment against Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...arge-michael-wolff-book-siege-under-fire-news

Wolff reports that Mueller’s office drew up a three-count outline of the president’s alleged abuses, under the title “United States of America against Donald J Trump, Defendant”. The document sat on the special counsel’s desk, Wolff writes, for almost a year.

According to a document seen by the Guardian, the first count, under Title 18, United States code, Section 1505, charged the president with corruptly – or by threats of force or threatening communication – influencing, obstructing or impeding a pending proceeding before a department or agency of the United States.

The second count, under section 1512, charged the president with tampering with a witness, victim or informant.

The third count, under section 1513, charged the president with retaliating against a witness, victim or informant.

Let’s all take this with a HUGE lump of salt—Wolff has a book to sell and Mueller’s team is already denying that the charging documents ever existed.

However, Wolff claims to “have receipts” so to speak, so let’s see what (if anything) becomes of this.