Barr opens an investigation into the FBI Trump Russia investigation without the results of the TR investigation even being publiclally known...

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Right, you stayed something and then repeatedly refused to offer any rationale behind it. I’m just pointing out you’re transparently lying, what can’t you understand about that? You’re of course free to continue lying but we all see through it so you’re just embarrassing yourself.

Speaking of strange dudes though, I have no idea why anyone would be so insecure that you feel the need to lie like this. Weird.

Typical democrat, Keep saying it until it becomes the truth...
:p

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Typical democrat, Keep saying it until it becomes the truth...
:p

You’re right, I’m sure you have perfectly good reasons for thinking that Trump didn’t meet the elements of obstruction of justice, they just must remain a secret from everyone. ;)

Reactions: DarthKyrie

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You’re right, I’m sure you have perfectly good reasons for thinking that Trump didn’t meet the elements of obstruction of justice, they just must remain a secret from everyone. ;)

I don't feel the need to justify what I believe to you or anyone else.

If it were as cut and dried as you tend to express, they would go ahead and impeach him. Obviously I am not alone.

:cool:

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

If it were as cut and dried as you tend to express, they would go ahead and impeach him. Obviously I am not alone.

And then he'd remind everyone how he was acquitted in the Senate due to the "non-partisan" GOP LOL!

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
And then he'd remind everyone how he was acquitted in the Senate due to the non-partisan GOP LOL!

What the Senate will or will not do doesn't alleviate the House's responsibility to carry out its task. If the President meets the requirements for impeachment as many in the House has stated as a fact they should impeach. It is their duty regardless of the Senate. Then it is the Senate's responsibility to convict or not.

As Hyman G. Rickover said:

“Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible.”

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

As I said before, phrases like this are always the sign that someone has a winning argument, hahaha.

There are a half dozen reasons or more as to why the Democrats may choose not to impeach him that have zero to do with the evidence and I’m very sure you know this. Why make more dishonest arguments?

Reactions: hal2kilo

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What happened is that Barr got out front with some extremely dishonest & very clever spin. That's why Trump hired him. His record during the RR/GHWB speaks for itself. He's a cover up artist, and a damned good one. He was also clever in not releasing the full report, since it shifts attention away from what we know to what we don't. The level of obstruction of justice engaged in by Trump is simply unacceptable in any President. We all know that. If the Senate & his voters are willing to forgive him, OK then, but it needs to be acknowledged that such did occur. He tried to obfuscate the breadth & depth of Russia efforts to aid in his election, to pretend that never happened. Putin isn't in it for the MAGA, bet on that. Americans need to think again when they find themselves on the same side of an election with highly skilled Russian propagandists. They intend us no good.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Dude really doesn't care. Either to defend his position or what anyone else thinks. That's why he keeps posting in this Thread....

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

One of the splits in my character that I notice as a conservative to some degree of freedom from my childhood inculcated beliefs is that I often find that by following my love of the simple and absolute I find I’ve sailed onto a reef. For example, it is obvious to me that Senator Warren, like me, realizes the duty to impeach Trump on principle alone. Duty or responsibility is absolute. But as with all absolutes, they pose a danger when the strictures that bind them are misunderstood, something people with sacred cows rather than deep intuition can misunderstand. Suppose, for example, something I see and you seem to miss, that Trump is a tremendous existential threat to our country, and that by impeaching him while the senate votes no, could help him win a second term. Here the absolute truth will lead to an insane outcome, just like the sacred life of the fetus will lead to the insanity of back alley death.

In a way you lack humility and a willingness to suffer a world in which what you hold sacred must not manifest in every condition. There is an issue of the greater good and the inevitable motivation, where it personally challenges your assumptions, to remain blind to it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I agree with what you say but also believe if Mueller were explicitly up front in saying that Trump would be indicted for obstruction were he not a sitting President, then instead we would have a scurrilous attack on Mueller and team that would leave us with the same position of a Senate unwilling to show they would convict if impeached and Republicans mouthpieces and therefore lay public crying foul.

Better outcome? Not sure.
Me either.

In fact, I should say that I am not really comfortable surmising what was in Mueller's mind or if, as I suggested his priorities are wrong. He could even have been ordered by Barr to proceed how he did for all I know.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So in that case, your avatar is showing you to be a pig fucking yokel. :D

you've got a pouty bastard of a baby speaking plainly to everything that you post.

I've got Ron McKernan, who, if anything, is probably the kind of filthy hippy that you despise. But it does tickle me that you illiterate sods often mistake a hippy bluesman from CA as some sort of hayseed farmer from Oklahoma.

Carry on, I guess?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
you've got a pouty bastard of a baby speaking plainly to everything that you post.

I've got Ron McKernan, who, if anything, is probably the kind of filthy hippy that you despise. But it does tickle me that you illiterate sods often mistake a hippy bluesman from CA as some sort of hayseed farmer from Oklahoma.

Carry on, I guess?

Ronald Charles McKernan, known as Pigpen, was an American singer and musician. He was a founding member of the San Francisco band the Grateful Dead and played in the group from 1965 to 1972.

:) Pigpen Hmmmm. I knew there was a connection.

I guess I will...

Last edited:

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
What happened is that Barr got out front with some extremely dishonest & very clever spin. That's why Trump hired him. His record during the RR/GHWB speaks for itself. He's a cover up artist, and a damned good one. He was also clever in not releasing the full report, since it shifts attention away from what we know to what we don't. The level of obstruction of justice engaged in by Trump is simply unacceptable in any President. We all know that. If the Senate & his voters are willing to forgive him, OK then, but it needs to be acknowledged that such did occur. He tried to obfuscate the breadth & depth of Russia efforts to aid in his election, to pretend that never happened. Putin isn't in it for the MAGA, bet on that. Americans need to think again when they find themselves on the same side of an election with highly skilled Russian propagandists. They intend us no good.

Get ready for the next round of selective releases of information from Barr. Putin's Orange Circus Peanut has given Barr the authority to declassify anything related to the FBI investigation of him. Barr himself requested this authority and as simple-minded as Agent Orange is, he thinks it's a great idea too. When it comes to stuff like this I like to read Dr. Adam Silverman over at Balloon Juice because the guy knows his shit (his credentials are listed there). One quote from his assessment:

One of the first thing authoritarians try to do once they feel they have consolidated enough power is to ferret out the human sources who were working against them prior to their attaining power. In this case it appears that AG Barr wants to start with the human sources that the CIA’s National Clandestine Service has cultivated and established in Russia. I can guarantee that the CIA’s leadership in general and that of the National Clandestine Service in specific are not happy about this!

I cannot stress enough how NOT NORMAL this is!!!!! Normally the Attorney General would not be fully read on to a counterintelligence investigation because they are completely compartmented. And the CIA not being able to control access to information about their sources and methods is completely abnormal! Same for the inevitable requests that will go to the NSA regarding the electronic and signals intelligence. Usually requests for this information by one agency would be zealously fought, in regard to institutional prerogatives, by the agency with the classified information.

Barr is very likely to use this new authority to selectively weaponization the information he declassifies to try to ratfuck the 2020 election. Remember, it was Barr who was leaning on the US Attorney in Little Rock to investigate then Governor Clinton regarding the Whitewater Savings & Loan scam in order to dirty Clinton up in advance of his general election campaign against Barr’s boss, President George H. W. Bush. Here’s Cory Lewandowski trying to connect Vice President Biden to the creation of the Steele Dossier on tonight’s Lou Dobbs’ show for an audience of one – the President, who I’m sure will be tweeting it out tomorrow.

So get ready for the next round of the misinformation campaign to save the criminal in the White House. One last thing to note is that Barr's investigation is supposed to be in to where the investigation into Rump started. Never mind that the redacted version of the Mueller report states how it all started (Padapo bragging to the Aussie who then alerted our government).

He's going to try to bury the public in so much bullshit that people are confused and don't know who is telling the truth, further dividing the nation.

Last edited:

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

So you don't need to justify your views, but you're trying to discuss other peoples' views with them.

Seriously dude, grow up.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
So you don't need to justify your views, but you're trying to discuss other peoples' views with them.

Seriously dude, grow up.

I'm not questioning anyone on this forums views.

I only was questioning the House Reps that say they have what they need to impeach, but don't do anything.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
I only was questioning the House Reps that say they have what they need to impeach, but don't do anything.

Can you point me to where the Nancy Pelosi has announced that she has everything that she needs to proceed with impeachment? She speaks for the positions that the House takes, nobody else, so that would be big news.

Until then, they "don't do anything."

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Ronald Charles McKernan, known as Pigpen, was an American singer and musician. He was a founding member of the San Francisco band the Grateful Dead and played in the group from 1965 to 1972.

:) Pigpen Hmmmm. I knew there was a connection.

I guess I will...

wow, you learned that his nickname is pigpen. You must be so proud that you took the time to learn a thing today. I have to deduct 8 points, though, because you failed to address the actual context of your comment and mine, and didn't really care to learn anything about why he was called pigpen.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm not questioning anyone on this forums views.

Perhaps if you were of the opinion that Trump is a very real threat to democracy and needs to be removed, not just impeached, you would better be able to see what the issues are and how difficult a position the country is in. There is a body of traitors in the senate that are working to defend him. Everything he touches, and he touched the Republican Party, dies. With Russian financial backing he has helped them to divide the country as well as the rest of the world. The Republican Party, deep in denial, is on the side of our enemies. Things are very bad and if you could see that you would also see there is no easy fix. The camel has his nose under the tent.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Carry on, I guess?
Always been Pigpen to me.:)

m8d

Nov 5, 2012
What if he finds intercepts from the Russians contacting Trump? This might just blow up in Trump's face.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
What if he finds intercepts from the Russians contacting Trump? This might just blow up in Trump's face.

I'm sure if such intercepts exist Barr already knows (or will soon know) about them. Remember, Trump is giving him the authority to CHOOSE what to declassify. What will happen is the same thing Trump tried before with the whole Nunes debacle, where they will selectively declassify information in order to serve Trump's personal interests.

Declassifying information for partisan or personal reasons of the president will inflict long term damage on the US's ability to recruit sources and will likely be used to mislead the public like it was before. It's incredibly corrupt. On that note, Republicans don't seem to mind.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
It's an artform to decieve the naive.. like compare these 2 headlines..

Giulliani apologizes

vs

Pelosi is on drugs

Which draws more attention?