Barr opens an investigation into the FBI Trump Russia investigation without the results of the TR investigation even being publiclally known...

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I asked you what evidence was missing. You evaded answering that one. It makes me feel that your mind is not open to change. That's ok, too, but you shouldn't pretend otherwise.

The only reason that someone would refuse to tell you what information would change their mind is they are afraid you would supply it and then that claim would be outed as a lie.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
More and more as this story unravels it just shows how Trump did nothing wrong and that the investigation into him and his campaign were built on nothing more than people with an agenda not liking him. He's been exonerated already and now the investigation will go a different direction. How awesome it will be if leftists are found to be operating contrary to the law and arrested over their anti-Trump political witch hunt. Looks like there were never grounds to even investigate Trump.
Cooperating with Russians is nothing wrong? Why do you hate your own country?

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Yo momma so fat that when she rolls over people think there was an earthquake.

How was that?
It has to have something to do with the topic like, 'Yo momma is so dumb that she believes that the Mueller report completely exonerated Trump,' or, 'Yo momma is so ugly that the House Judiciary Committee subpoenaed her NOT to appear.'

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
It has to have something to do with the topic like, 'Yo momma is so dumb that she believes that the Mueller report completely exonerated Trump,' or, 'Yo momma is so ugly that the House Judiciary Committee subpoenaed her NOT to appear.'

I got nothing for the topic at hand. We never covered politics in "yo momma" jokes class.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
This is so stupid. We have an out of control AG and admin shtting all over the Report and Mueller's reasonings, yet he's concerned about being "political". Me thinks Barr was telling the truth about Mueller saying something foolish to try to appease both sides.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/21/politics/robert-mueller-testify-congress-negotiations/index.html

Special counsel's team hesitant about Mueller testifying publicly, part of hold up securing testimony

The special counsel's team has expressed the notion that Mueller does not want to appear political after staying behind the scenes for two years and not speaking as he conducted his investigation into President Donald Trump. One option is to have him testify behind closed doors, but sources caution numerous options are being considered in the negotiations between the committee and the special counsel's team.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
We have an out of control AG and admin shtting all over the Report and Mueller's reasonings, yet he's concerned about being "political".

I would bet this has less to do with Mueller not wanting to be 'political' and more to do with him not wanting to be put in the crosshairs of powerful people. Anything he does is going to make some powerful people pissed off, and certain news organizations to say ugly things about him. The day after he testifies he is likely to be public enemy #1 of about 1/3 of America.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yo mamma is so fat that she IS bothsides.

Okay, I got that out of my system. I'm done now.

Damn son. We found a hidden talent.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

that one.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I would bet this has less to do with Mueller not wanting to be 'political' and more to do with him not wanting to be put in the crosshairs of powerful people. Anything he does is going to make some powerful people pissed off, and certain news organizations to say ugly things about him. The day after he testifies he is likely to be public enemy #1 of about 1/3 of America.

Really Mueller has done about every possible thing he could to limit things to an extremely narrow scope, remain objective, and not overstep his boundaries -- all in effort to avoid any kind of political activity and partisanship. In fact, it seems this has been most unfair to Democrats as his fear of Republicans trying to invalidate the work for partisanship drove his choices rather than following the facts of the case.

And STILL he's in this mess knowing 1. his job is incomplete as perception of his work has been marred and 2. he can't set the record straight without inviting bullshit claims of partisanship.

At this point I think he should abandon that worry and just be as direct as possible about his findings.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
In post #190 I gave my opinion as to why pc has to rationalize and he found it funny. I believe that reaction was predicted by what I said and because of that his reaction doesn't make me mad. It would be like getting mad at a calculator that keeps giving 22 as the answer to 2+2 = There is a software or hardware problem with the machine. You just can't trust it with math, you don't lose your mind over it and claim it should fix itself. We always attribute free will to the form of out opinion so that we can express blame. That is just another failure of the machine.

We were programmed by pain and causing more of it will not save us. That can only happen when we are ready to feel it. Nobody can make anybody else ready but to love them might help and hate certainly will not. My opinion, anyway.

How do you love an asshole? How did humanity first project that capacity as a characteristic of God.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013

Aye. That's what I was getting at. If Barr was telling the truth about his correspondence, then I can see why he's afraid. They'll skewer him hard for that. However, if Barr was lying about the exchange, then there's no good reason whatsoever. The "political" angle is also annoying because this is the decision you would think a partisan Republican would make (we know Mueller is Republican). It's akin to the decision Comey made i.e. Comey was Republican, so his decision looked partisan.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Really Mueller has done about every possible thing he could to limit things to an extremely narrow scope, remain objective, and not overstep his boundaries -- all in effort to avoid any kind of political activity and partisanship. In fact, it seems this has been most unfair to Democrats as his fear of Republicans trying to invalidate the work for partisanship drove his choices rather than following the facts of the case.

And STILL he's in this mess knowing 1. his job is incomplete as perception of his work has been marred and 2. he can't set the record straight without inviting bullshit claims of partisanship.

At this point I think he should abandon that worry and just be as direct as possible about his findings.
I am reading that strange games are going on with Democrats over Mueller testifying.

Edit: https://www.thedailybeast.com/muell...ut-special-counsel-testifying-publicly-report

Edit 2: I see it's also being covered here, sorry: https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...se-dems-gonna-subpoena-mueller.2565446/page-3

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
He's ok with that. Stomp and pout, like the liar-in-chief. It's not a secret republicans elected a giant example of themselves. Don't worry, he'll not disappoint as the projection is real

Nobody is stomping and pouting... So I have no idea what you are on about.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Excuse me, but Mueller's report specifically states that he cannot exonerate the President wrt obstruction of justice yet Slow states that Trump has been, like, totally exonerated, Man.

Pretty sure exoneration is not his job. Mueller was tasked to find evidence of Trump "Russia collusion", and after a massive 2 years investigation, he had nothing meaningful to report.

Reactions: dank69