Barr’s handpicked prosecutor tells inspector general he can’t back right-wing theory that Russia case was U.S. intelligence setup

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Once again I bet conservatives are completely shocked by this 100% foreseeable event.

Just like they were shocked when the GOP led Benghazi investigations led to the startling conclusion that a Secretary of State doesn't actually have the time to micromanage decisions over how much security to install at a single consulate. Everyone with half a brain knew this before there was ever a single hearing, but we just had to go through it because they were just convinced that common sense...wasn't.

Occams razor: if a law enforcement agency decides to investigate something, was it because they thought there was a possibility of actual wrongdoing, or was it instead a "deep state" political conspiracy? Hmm. What is the usual reason that law enforcement decides to investigate someone?

It's a shock, I tell you, that the simplest and most obvious answer usually turns out to be the correct one.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
So that's the new metric to measure investigations by? That "profit" was unrelated to the purpose of Mueller's investigation.
The metric is the same as it has always been, ie that the impetus for conducting any investigation be based upon actual facts and evidence, and not bullshit conspiracy theories, feels, and partisan politics.

What happened here (as you obviously missed it), is that while complaining about partisan witch hunts, the Trump admin conducted an actual partisan witch hunt within the DoJ.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The metric is the same as it has always been, ie that the impetus for conducting any investigation be based upon actual facts and evidence, and not bullshit conspiracy theories, feels, and partisan politics.

What happened here (as you obviously missed it), is that while complaining about partisan witch hunts, the Trump admin conducted an actual partisan witch hunt within the DoJ.
He was betting the farm on this. Let him crawl back into his hole and lick his wounds.

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016

Now that AG Barr has made the review of the Russia probe a criminal investigation, it seems like this thread should be revived. Going to be some unhappy campers once his indictments start coming, and I predict there is going to be more flipping than at an all you can eat pancake breakfast.

Maybe next time.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm not reading or listening to any of the "sources say" bullshit. I won't form opinions until the report comes out...the real version, not the leaked stuff. That said, allow me to contradict myself. I think the deep state is going to be exposed and people are going to be indicted. /s

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I'm not reading or listening to any of the "sources say" bullshit. I won't form opinions until the report comes out...the real version, not the leaked stuff. That said, allow me to contradict myself. I think the deep state is going to be exposed and people are going to be indicted. /s

I thought we were cracking down on lying here?

Reactions: Meghan54

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That’s the dishonest part of your post.
Nah, he literally believes in the derp state and just thinks they are so crafty they will escape detection as usual. That way he never has to ever really admit he was wrong. The bad guys just continue to get away with their crimes.

Reactions: Meghan54

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Nah, he literally believes in the derp state and just thinks they are so crafty they will escape detection as usual. That way he never has to ever really admit he was wrong. The bad guys just continue to get away with their crimes.
Like I said, even slicker than the Clinton's.