Barebones Kit recommendations? Cheap/decent?

Discussion in 'SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs' started by davidroyalpaine, Feb 2, 2013.

1. davidroyalpaine

davidroyalpaine Junior Member

I'm looking to replace my old desktop. Need some tips on barebones deals, or motherboard/proc. combinations. Of course I want the most bang for my buck. Mid-level graphics would be ok.... Any help out there?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Barebones recommendations Cheap Forum Date
    Need a recommendation for barebone mini PC for about 250 US$ SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Mar 11, 2017
    How would you rate mini PC, barebone manufacturers on a 5-scale? Extra: with internal PSUs! SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Sep 16, 2016
    Onda M3 barebones mini-PC (socket 1150)? SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs May 23, 2016
    need a barebone/mobo recommendation SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Dec 13, 2011
    HELP! Recommendation on Barebones SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Jul 11, 2005

3. RossMAN

RossMAN Grand Nagus

What's your budget?

$100, $150, $300, $450, etc.?

4. DaveSimmons

DaveSimmons Elite Member

Unless you're thinking a Shuttle type SFF barebones, the thread would work better in General Hardware, and for that you should also look at the sticky thread of questions to answer.

Most barebones kits for desktops are a bad deal. They're usually a mix of good and bad parts, often with things thrown in that you don't want or need like a junk 850 watt PSU instead of a good 600 watt one.

If you'll look in General Hardware you'll see a bunch of existing threads where people have picked the right parts for the build. If you answer the sticky questions we can do that for you too.

5. davidroyalpaine

davidroyalpaine Junior Member

Thanks Dave... If those in power could please delete this thread....