Banned from Newegg for canceling 2 items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john5220

Mar 27, 2014
So my friend who ordered me a GTX 760 I changed my mind for a GTX 960

So he canceled the 760 and ordered the 960 in a 3 hours apart.

Late last night I changed my mind on the 960 and I told him to cancel it.

He told me this morning he was banned from newegg for canceling too many times they saw it as suspicious activities.

I dunno is he full of redactedor could this really have happened?

Wrong forum again and no profanity allowed out side OT and P&N

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 10, 2006

He told me this morning he was banned from newegg for canceling too many times they saw it as suspicious activities.

I dunno is he full of shit or could this really have happened?

Maybe, although it seems kind of silly for Newegg to hand customers over to competitors over a few order cancellations.

john5220

Mar 27, 2014
well I feel really bad for having him banned from Newegg. :(

Didn't think that changing my mind twice would warrant a ban since I used to change my mind a lot more than this on Amazon and never received a ban.

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
You're not banned he just needs to call in and explain. Any online business gets worried when that stuff happens run your own online business and deal with fraud/cancel orders and see how it messes with your day.
Edit: you have some ludicrous stories/friends

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
He probably just told you that because you're being a pain in the butt. Why cancel? You getting a 950?

Fjodor2001

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2010

Maybe it was your friend that got tired of you changing your mind and banned you instead... ;)

But anyway, can't you just order from newegg yourself?

john5220

Mar 27, 2014
Maybe it was your friend that got tired of you changing your mind and banned you instead... ;)

Yeah I am actually hoping this was the case.

I admit I do change my mind a lot I could just decide on what GPU to get. I kept seeing different benchmarks and kept changing my mind.

I hope he is just making this up but he did say Newegg asked him to fax his ID for them, and the ban is only temporary so who knows.

I will have my own credit card next month so yeah.

2is

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2012
He probably just told you that because you're being a pain in the butt. Why cancel? You getting a 950?

This is probably what happened and I'd do the same if I was doing someone a favor and they made my life difficult by changing their mind each time an order was placed.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
The way this is done is that you can change your mind a bunch of times BEFORE you order the part, not after.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Newegg gets butthurt over everything. I've been banned before just returning some RAM. I ordered non-ECC RAM, they screwed my order, shipped me ECC RAM, refused a refund after I returned it, so I did a chargeback.

Thing is they don't ban your physical address like Amazon does, only your email account. So no matter how often you get banned by Newegg, just open a new account.

NeweggSupport

Jun 29, 2005

Hello john5220,

I've never heard of our internal departments banning an account for excessive order cancellations however I would like to look further into this for you. Please email us your account details to wecare@newegg.com and please reference this post in your email as well.

Thank you,
-Mike (Newegg Support)

DooKey

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2005
Hello john5220,

I've never heard of our internal departments banning an account for excessive order cancellations however I would like to look further into this for you. Please email us your account details to wecare@newegg.com and please reference this post in your email as well.

Thank you,
-Mike (Newegg Support)

Boom!

Status
Not open for further replies.