Banking! USAA vs. Navy Federal

Kroze

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
Hi everyone, I have a question for you guys who's in the military.

Right now i have 2 bank accounts, USAA & Navy Federal. I'm thinking of closing the Navy Fed. one and have just one USAA. Could someone tell me is it a bad idea for me to do that?

What are the benefits of Navy Federal? I know that it's a credit union and all and that you have to be in the armed services to join. But as of now, i think USAA provide much better services altogether. Am i going to regret closing the Navy fed account?

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
USAA is great. The best customer service in the industry. My parents and I use them for everything. I'd stick with them.

Kroze

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
USAA is great. The best customer service in the industry. My parents and I use them for everything. I'd stick with them.

I know that they're great. But what does Navy Federal do that's better than USAA?

malbojah

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
My sister (who has a Navyfed account) says to at least keep the navy account open, even if it's only with $10. That way you would be able to play the interest rates off each other.

She also said that once you close you Navy accoun, that you wouldn't be able to open one up again..:confused:

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
A friend of mine uses USAA (I can't because I'm not military) and loves it. He was telling me the other day about the personal liability insurance they offer. For 1-2% of the initial purchase price per year, they'll insure most of your possessions (including laptops) against anything happening to, even if it's your fault.